Force Awakens Resistance X-wing

Quaralane

With this next build, I try to "make a shimmersilk purse out of a bantha's ear," to put this in Star Wars terms
I'm building the Revell Build-N-Play Resistance X-wing in approximately 1/48 scale
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-00.jpg

Here's a look at what the kit comes with
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-01.jpg
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-02.jpg

Using Aves Apoxie Sculpt, I filled the extra holes in the gun pieces.
I also cut off the ends of the guns and glued them back on in the right angle
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-05.jpg

Using some styrene, I closed off the front landing gear bay, then scribed the door line into the new piece.
The battery door was glued into position, and then I filled the new seams and speaker holes with Bondo
The ejection marks on the wings were also filled with Bondo
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-06.jpg
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-07.jpg

Sanded all of this smooth, and then cleared out the panel lines with a scriber
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-09.jpg

The biggest change I'm making to the stock kit is to the cockpit module.
I started by separating the sound module/cockpit piece and then cutting along the sides and back of the pilot seat with a razor saw
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-03.jpg

Using a couple of small styrene strips as a spacer at the front, I glued the seat piece in at the corrected height
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-04.jpg

Using some more styrene, I filled the gaps on the sides of the new configuration
I also glued in a small piece to fill the gap at the top of the seat
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-08.jpg

I used a 1/48 WWII USAAF pilot figure to give the ship a pilot
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-10.jpg

The pilot's flight suit was painted orange. His helmet was painted in with gunmetal, while his vest was painted on with white.
His gloves and boots were painted in with dark grey primer.

For the wings, I repainted the surface to match the plastic and then hand-painted the markings in a blue that was close enough.
The grey stripes were done with gunmetal, and I changed the markings to a hypothetical "Blue Seven."
All of the pieces were given a black wash to bring out detail, and the excess was wiped off with a paper towel
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-11.jpg
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-12.jpg
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-13.jpg

The cockpit was superglued into position, and I assembled the rest of the ship.
After assembly, I decided to give the rear of the engines, some of the gun details, the engine cowlings, and the proton launchers with Vallejo smoke

Finished build pics:
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-14.jpg

sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-15.jpg
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-16.jpg

sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-17.jpg
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-18.jpg

sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-19.jpg

The model has been hung with my older 1/48 Fine Molds X-wing. Side by side, the ship is clearly cl,ose to 1/48 if not dead on.
sw-fa-resistance-x-wing-20.jpg

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWQdVBd9vVc

I agree with u it does look 1/48 scale. I have this one and Poes black leader xwing. Looking at photos of the props vs revels kit the forward fuselage looks too wide. I think that is what is making it look out of scale and shorter. Interested to see what their better version looks like. Nice work. Giving me some ideas

Good conversion here quaralane.

Can't wait to see those kist coming here in Europe. :) Your post is very inspiring.

Looks very good the new X Wing T 70 my is on the way to my with the new Shuttle and the new TIE. :)

Latest posts

Back