For the Ma. K people....

Grendels

I found this on Youtube when I was looking for painting tutorials.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGPNkoDp-BY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqSb_1hofw

Yea, I remember that guy's stuff. Pretty good rendering in my book.
The segment next to the jet is pretty darn cool.

Hey Gren,

Watch that Gans tutorial, thats some wicked shtuff. ;)

Makni

Right on grendals, nice find. Ive seen this one but he has added alot more to it. Its cool though. Are you gearing up for a mak build bro? ;)

Yeah I am thinking about it, I have collected about 8 of them now, all the original nitto's off of ebay. I only paid over $40 on two of them, the Krote, and the Hornisse. (If you are patient and won't pull the trigger too fast, you can find real bargains. I got two of them for $10.)

I found those videos looking for painting tutorials. My painting skills are not the best, and could use some work. Until I improve, those models will most likely sit on the shelf. I have some cheap armor kits, and a few sci fi kits to practice with.

What I have been trying to figure out is how you guys do the textures. (Pitted metal, bumpy bits here and there.) Scott's build was a major help with the rust. And after my contest entry, I am not worried about how to build bases and do ground work. I enjoyed that part of my build the most.

Most of the guys on the Ma.K forum use Mr Surfacer 500 or 1000 (the last being finer in finish...if I remember correctly). You can also paint glue onto the surface then stipple it, to create a similar effect. Talcon powder works almost as well but that might be better for larger scales than the 1/20. I've used that technique myself but you have to make sure you don't dump the whole bottle on the model ::). Yep...been there, got the T shirt and all the naff souvenirs too. Smelled nice though..... :D

Have a go at layering drybrushing on some spare bits first,first start with a dark base colour then drybrush the paint so while the first dark painted surface is drying and still slightly tacky i heavily dry brush or wet brush on top so that the tacky bottom layer sticks to the brush and makes a rough looking surface continue to drybrush a lighter colour over the darker layers underneath.I continue this until i achieve the colour brightness and a rough looking surface.like on my safs.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7675/dscf1614o.jpg

Hope it makes sense .

Thanks for the advice, Java, I will give your technique a try as soon as I get back to building models next weekend. I bought a bunch of computer parts and I am putting that together first.

Well after seeing all the Ma.ks being done and a challenge from a friend, I'm taking the plunge and start my Fire Ball. I've seen so many great looking model, the big question I have .... Is there proper paint schemes ie chapters/regiments/squadrons or do we have free rein to do what ever looks cool.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The clips look cool but I laughed at the one with the walker, it looks like it was staggering drunk, but still looked great. ;D

A Ma.k Build would be great ..... ;)

Hi DXM,must of missed this, there is a good few regiments/squadrons,the camo card you get with the kit shows some of the regiment colours,the text next to the camo type tells you about the missions it took part in where it was stationed,country,pilot info ,you can find translations for most of cards on the ma.k forum but if there is no translation to the card you have just ask and i'm sure somebody will be happy to translate for you.

I've only ever copied one scheme from a card all the rest of my ma.k builds are my own paint scheme.
Personally i'd just go with what ever you want usually the free rein option is the best option. ;D

I've started the FireBall and will post pictures soon.
I'm testing the Hair Spray technique and another project, AT-43 O-3 Dragomira ( it's what the walker is called in the game)
Got to come up with an idea for a Ma.k Diorama, it will dictate what I have to cut, drill and modify on the FireBall.
Talk to you later......Dragomir

Cool stuff DXM!
Paint em how you like :) I usally try to hit the production camo's, but i'm a Ma.K purest ::)

Latest posts

Back