First model in 25 years...forgot how much I used to enjoy it.

Welcome to SMA , For a first attempt in 25yrs ...Thats looking pretty good !!!! nice tidy paintwork ,I look forward to the finish :)

Chris.

Aw, MOC,
You gotta' tell us more. What kit is that? Details.

Just messin'. It does look good. Pretty close to finished?
And welcome back.

Paint's looking good on that bird, and your paint caddy is definitely bringing back memories

There's a "Yoga" lesson somewhere in all of this modeling. Learned a tough one last night. Came home late from a busy day at the office, dropped the briefcase, grabbed the model, headed out to the back yard, hastily assembled my airbrush and was certain my tape job on top with my blistering efficiency would shorten the project assembly timeline by a day.

Overspray, low light conditions, and not enough tape, and overall lack of planning the execution process.......now I have to back up and repaint the wings cause white stripe overspray drifted across both of them.

Frustrating...but a deserved humbling. I remember this lesson.....patience. Never had much of it but need it in spades. (laughing).

Thanks gang, "Rookie" I washed with drypowder mixed in water, wiped it off, airbrushed with thinned flat black enamel, couple of coats of enamel between, then dry brushed with "makeup applicator" a light sand streaks flowing front to back....dusted the wheels...final flat coat goes on tonight. All of this I learned reading these posts and watching youtube.

Next one I'll focus on blending the seams better. Either way...thanks to everyone in here for helping me make take a good kit to the next level.

I would say that you have been building during those 25 years, not, not building ;D

Great looking plane.

Great work for having taken a 25-year break.

I'm going to be a bad guy though and offer a criticism, please forgive me, I mean it in the spirit of modeling, but I think you have the national insignia upside down on the side of the fuselage.

But full disclosure, I've done the same thing with my Italeri Reggiane Re2001. I didn't realize the Italian national emblems are "handed".

Otherwise, your finish looks great, nicely weathered. Aren't powders great? You might want to try the filter technique, too, it's easy and fun to use.

Latest posts

Back