First military kit build, Krupp Protze

builder101

This is my first military kit I have built. Just ordered some Vallejo pigments and would like to achieve a weathered look. I want to put up some recent pictures and would really like any advise. Anything that would make an improvement or thoughts.

So far the kit has gone together great and appears to be a pretty quick build. I plan to do a wash to show grease. Putting up some close up and will weather the over all truck in the end but this is where I'm currently at.

A pic of box art, Tamiya kit which usually seem to go together pretty well.

mMpzyCU22vukTTjutOVT6Bw1_zpsc46aa10f.jpg

krupp4_zps1223dd03.jpg

krupp4_zpsf5eee45f.jpg

Thanks for looking and any advise!

Mike

After looking at the image's I thought I would have another go and ad another layer of pigments lightly and also use black oil paint as a wash this is my first tube of oil paint but have read that it's great for washes. So some more weathering completed.

krupp6_zps97a0bf1e.jpg

I guess I will continue building the rest of the model and set this aside for now. I think I like the second round of weathering just trying to find the line of weathering with out going over the top..

Nice start to the project i like the rust effects on the chassis :)

Dan B

Thanks Dan B!,,

Alright, so I have a bit more progress and at the same time a bit of a problem. Maybe someone else has had the same issue and can help.

I have seen video's on youtube where hairspray is used to coat over paint after dried paint over with another color while the new layer is not dripping wet but dried for a few min you scrape away revealing the color underneath.. I have had no luck with this method. I scrape to reveal the primer coat. I was a bit frustrated and trying this on the benches I used a little liquid mask and will continue to layer different colors.. Any tips? Here is some pictures of my disaster bench seat and some pictures of a little progress.

Thanks!

Here is what I'm talking about keep in mind I started to liquid mask and paint over but even using a little water.. straight to primer.

krupp10_zpse74e8b89.jpg

Hoping to weather soon.

krupp8_zpsf0dade91.jpg

One more for scale.

krupp9_zpsc7dd83da.jpg

Pushing forward, I let go of the hairspray method and used Future on the bottom layer. Using mineral spirits I washed some of the top layer of the seats to give them a bit of a warn look. I think it looks ok. After I finish putting some detailed parts on I want to try and slowly weather with some pigments.

krupp13_zps0cb4d2a9.jpg

krupp15_zps564fe441.jpg

Just a beginner to this type of model but like a kid, after work I put my paint clothes on and go at it.

I think I got this quick build done. I wanted to weather slowly but once I started to ad pigment's I just found it hard to stop. So, if anything sorry that this is just an out of boxer and I'm a beginner if any thing I will use this thread to log.

Still I really enjoyed it and ready to break into something new.

SAM_1782_zps8880e0c8.jpg

SAM_1787_zps481138ef.jpg

Hey Cory,

Yea huge Phish fan caught a show in Reading PA, 2013.. It was fantastic!!!
I started out with some starwars models and since have grown to love all types of scale modeling.

Latest posts

Back