"Firefly"

Splashcoat said:
"Six men came to kill me one time, and the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun."

That was a great example of the quality of the writing. When I first saw that scene, I fully expected Jayne to challenge Mal, and it was such a great twist, the way it really played out.

Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die? :-\

This is one of my Favourite Mal arguments

Lund: [drunk] Hey, you gonna drink t'the Alliance with me? Six years today, the Alliance sent the Browcoats runnin', pissin' their pants. You know, your coat is kind of a brownish color.
Mal: It was on sale.
[drinks]
Lund: You didn't toast. Y'know, I'm thinkin' you're one o' them In'apendants.
Mal: And I'm thinking you weren't burdened with an overabundance of schooling. So why don't we just ignore each other till we go away?
Lund: The Independents were a bunch o' cowardly inbred piss pots. Should'a been killed off o' every world spinnin'.
Mal: [puts down drink] Say that to my face.
Lund: [threateningly] I said... you're a coward and a pisspot. Now what're you gonna do about it?
Mal: [smiles suddenly] Nothing. I just wanted you to face me so she could get behind ya.
[Lund turns, and Zoë hits him in the face with the butt of her gun]
Mal: Drunks are so cute.

I loved the series and the film......i own both on DVD and the film a second time on Blu-Ray, it's got a lovely picture quality. I really hope the make a sequal before they all get too old. lol

"They [the Alliance] will swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave." ;D

I'm on a 5th pass through the series right now, just finished "Out of Gas".

But this is perhaps my most favorite scene:

The Hero of Canton

Can't get the song out of my head!

YOULI said:
Loved the TV series instantly. Loved a lot the movie.

And Mal is making kinda cameo in CASTLE, 2nd series I think, in a Halloween episode. Castle show himself in a costume, the costume of MAL, the real one, claming is a "space cowboy".

Castle Space Cowboy

Ok now that's funny.

I have the box set and the movie DVD. I've always loved this show. Of course then Fox has to go and cancel it. That's Fox for ya. Heard that they may cancel "Fringe" as well.

Latest posts

Back