Evolution of My Bench

I can see two nail polishing sponges on photos, i use them too, really handy stuff.
They are great for applying Tamiya weather and pastels. I'm also going to try some of my wife's old eye make-up... we'll see how that works :p

OCD is obsessive compulsion disorder, it's the need to put things in an orderly way or place things in the correct place, also correct mistakes.

I have sort of developed it later in life and I seem to be the "go to member " for approval of fellow members work area's.

Basically if I get a bit "twitchy/upset " about a posted photo, it means that it needs tidying up. Just a bit of fun really. Makes me chuckle and if you're a "messy" builder that's fine with me. The main thing is that we all enjoy the hobby however we do it.
Pantherman
Like this :D :p faces aren't aligned lol.

Kidding is all done in fun. We all have our styles but the main thing is have fun with the build and with each other.

Gary

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230818_181450_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230818_181450_Chrome.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 3
They are great for applying Tamiya weather and pastels. I'm also going to try some of my wife's old eye make-up... we'll see how that works :p
Cosmetics work great, you can use lipstick and Streak it with brush, as you said eyeliners are great options too.

Like this :D :p faces aren't aligned lol.

Kidding is all done in fun. We all have our styles but the main thing is have fun with the build and with each other.

Gary
The left hand side is vallejo numbers in order, the right hand side is RL numbers in order. Pantherman

Lipstick? Hmmm. How do you use it and what colors? Do you have examples?
Hi GEG,
Yesterday was a intense day with rush, i've applied lipstick on one of my test piece (Zvezda T-90 MS) which my cat has broken a year ago. Not a great option for weathering, but worth to try, it can be better if blended more. Just put a big dot with lipstick, dip your brush in water then make the towel absorb most of the water on brush, after that streak lipstick pigments. There are also liquid lipsticks which they call as lip gloss. Here is the photo sir;

Attachments

• Lipstick weathering.jpg
    Lipstick weathering.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi GEG,
Yesterday was a intense day with rush, i've applied lipstick on one of my test piece (Zvezda T-90 MS) which my cat has broken a year ago. Not a great option for weathering, but worth to try, it can be better if blended more. Just put a big dot with lipstick, dip your brush in water then make the towel absorb most of the water on brush, after that streak lipstick pigments. There are also liquid lipsticks which they call as lip gloss. Here is the photo sir;
That's really cool and cheaper than oil pastel. Great effect. Thanks for sharing.

That's really cool and cheaper than oil pastel. Great effect. Thanks for sharing.
How do you use oil pastels? With white spirit? And about the price, i don't have a wife i'm ordering cheapo carcinogen chinese branded cosmetics from Amazon, i don't suggest you to use your wife's quality products as it doesn't matter so much for modelling purposes.

How do you use oil pastels? With white spirit? And about the price, i don't have a wife i'm ordering cheapo carcinogen chinese branded cosmetics from Amazon, i don't suggest you to use your wife's quality products as it doesn't matter so much for modelling purposes.
For the pastels I usually streak them in a doward motion, kind of like the lipstick effect. I used a sienna on this tank for a rusty look. The pastels weren't very much, maybe about $10.00.
She already told me "hands off!" Lol

For the pastels I usually streak them in a doward motion, kind of like the lipstick effect. I used a sienna on this tank for a rusty look. The pastels weren't very much, maybe about $10.00.
She already told me "hands off!" Lol

Attachments

• 20230820_162329.jpg
    20230820_162329.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back