Euromilitaire 2012 Photos

6milphil

I wandered down to sunny Folkestone in England over the weekend to visit this premier European modelling show and there was the usual high standard of work. Also on show were the Airfix modern british kits, which I know some folk were very interested in. I know this would be of interest to SMA'ers not least because a lot of you being Yanks aren't likely to get to visit it.

Here's a few photos, there's just over one hundred on the blog at http://6milphil.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/euro-miltaire-2012/ The first one is of one of the much awaited (i.e: dreadfully delayed) Airfix British modern range.

dsc03296-001.jpg

dsc03312-001.jpg

dsc03330-001.jpg

dsc03344-001.jpg

dsc03351-001.jpg

dsc03367-001.jpg

dsc03387-001.jpg

dsc03391-001.jpg

Oh excellent. There were three generations of us at E-M and that was the only model we all agreed on being brilliant, especially liked the lighting and how clealry you could see the crew- well if you shuffled around the display bench a bit. Top work mate.

Usual inconsistent lighting there though, some models in near darkness, many near the window with madly bright back lighting typically killing any photo, and the odd one or two half in light, half in shadow.

If the dia of the modeler had him on his hands and knees with a magnifying glass, looking for what the carpet monster had eaten up.. it would've been absolutely brilliant!!

Latest posts

Back