Enterprise NX-01

coldhammer

Hey guys,

I'm kind of new here, and I am returning to scale modeling after 18 years. I honestly do not know why I stopped. Anyway, I entered this contest more as a motivator to give me a kick start back into the hobby. I pick the NX-01 because I have always loved Star Trek and the starships from that universe. Long gone is my model of the NCC-1701 refit I did in 1988 or 89. Ah, the memories.

IMG_0754.jpg

Now lets model!

IMG_0760.jpg
Test fitting.
IMG_0762.jpg
Main hull primed, need to mask off blue inserts on engines then prime.
IMG_0766.jpg
All primed and ready for paint.

Not sure how dark that Natural Steel is, but, if it's darker than the kit plastic, you'll want a lighter color to go with those decals.
Nearly lost my set working with the kit plastic as a base color. It was too dark to see the decals.

On the other hand, if it's a couple of shades lighter than the kit plastic, they'll look fantastic. That's the set I used on mine a couple of years ago

IMG_0769.jpg
I don't like the base/stand it comes with. Probably make a new one.
IMG_0780.jpg
Started adding the aztec decals to bottom. I like how it's coming out.

That looks great. The decals show really nice against the Vallejo steel.

looks great. i have this kit on my to do list. how did the decal process go. i have yet to completly cover a model in decals.

noc5659 said:
looks great. i have this kit on my to do list. how did the decal process go. i have yet to completly cover a model in decals.

It was tough with some of the bigger sections and on the nacelles. I didn't put a gloss coat first so that made it a little difficult. Overall I am pleased with the outcome. Itching to start the next project.

Anyway, Here is the finished Enterprise!

IMG_0798.jpg
IMG_0797.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg
IMG_0817.jpg
View attachment
IMG_0817.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg
IMG_0807.jpg

Latest posts

Back