Electronics

cobraleader

G'Day All,

I'm in way over my head on this one.

I'm looking for information/plans to build a electronic circuit that can
1. Have audio sound at timed intervals
2. Turn on a motor at a timed interval - be nice if it could replicate an aircraft engine starting up
3. activate lights at time intervals - static and flashing
4. activate from a single switch

I'm planning on building a 1/32 Spitfire dio.
I want the audio to play something like the scene from Battle Of Britain - "2 Squadron scramble", where the pilots leap to their aircraft.
This is followed by the aircraft starting up, motor and lights, aircraft sound of plane taking off
Some combat audio and then the audio of it landing
everything shuts down.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of where to look ???

Thanks

The only thing I can think of is to look on Ebay. Sometimes I see stuff like this. But this probably would require some sort of micro controller. And programing.

All of which is over my head.

Thanks Grendels - your LED tutorials have been great to follow. definitely borrowing a few ideas.

I figured I was biting more than I could chew on this project.

Looks like I have to use one of those mini sound cards - keep it simple - press a button that activates the motor and plays the sound card.

it sounds like a cool project but that type of stuff is beyond me. If there is a college or university near you, you might want to talk to the electronics departments I am sure they would be able to pull something like that off.

I think an Arduino will do the job nicely : http://arduino.cc/

As Grendels said, you're gonna have to learn to program it, but when you're done, you will be able to do anything with that thing...

You could check with Ralf at Tenna controls. He may have a board that will suit your purpose and be able to program it for you.

http://www.tenacontrols.com/

Send him an e-mail and he may be able to help you out.

Jim

Arduino seems to be a very accessible way that you can get something like this underway, huge amount of info online that makes almost plug and copy and paste and play

yeah, looking at that stuff ... there are many alternatives that utilise the same programing language

Latest posts

Back