Eldar Fire Prism Grav Tank

Quaralane

All right
Four years ago, I posted an OOB review of this kit with full intentions of it being next up in the queue at the time.
Well....that was four years ago.
Now, I'm finally building the Eldar Fire Prism Grav Tank from Games Workshop
eldar-fire-prism-00.jpg

We start with a look at the sprues.
As with a good number of GW kits, the main body is standardized. In this case, using the body of the Falcon Grav Tank
eldar-fire-prism-02.jpg

Then you get the sprues that let you turn this one into either a Fire Prism, or a Night Spinner
eldar-fire-prism-01.jpg

Of course, this one will be from the same craftworld as my previous Wave Serpent build, so I needed some custom markings printed up
eldar-fire-prism-03.jpg

Started with the turret cockpit.
Pilot's suit was painted in with black/dark grey
His gloves and hair were picked out with brown ink, and the details were painted in woith Vallejo Gunmetal Grey.
The cockpit tup was painted in with red, and the control panel done with Gunmetal and black with green and metallic light blue .
eldar-fire-prism-04.jpg

For the "crystals," I chose to start with a coat of blue and green inks mixed with Future.
The larger focusing crystal was painted from the inside with this mix, followed by a coat of white to brighten it up
The firing crystal, not being hollow, was painted over with the blue/green/Future mixture and then drybrushed with white
eldar-fire-prism-05.jpg

The pilot's cockpit was painted up basically the same way as the one for the turret
eldar-fire-prism-06.jpg

Turret is mostly assembled, minus some of the parts for the crystals to aid in not having to mask them off.
eldar-fire-prism-07.jpg

Assembly of the main body was fairly straight forward, although I did opt to use some of the optional parts.
Namely, the shuriken cannon, vector engines, and the star engines
eldar-fire-prism-08.jpg
eldar-fire-prism-09.jpg

Main assembly complete, now awaiting masks for the canopies and primer
eldar-fire-prism-10.jpg

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgNbiub42OY

First awesome stuff here :D

Two now I have the link to your youtube chanel and I can explore it ;D

Perfect with my coffee ::)

All right, then
Time for an update with the Fire Prism build.

After masking off the canopies and turret mounting points, I gave the whole model a coat of flat black to act both as a primer, and the base color coat.
I inserted the focusing crystal in place, and glued up the 'cage' that goes around it
With that done, I went in with a brush, and the Vallejo grey primer and picked out both the panels I intended to paint red, as well as the gems that cover the surface
eldar-fire-prism-11.jpg

Panels were then painted in with red, while the gems were picked out in either red or blue ink
eldar-fire-prism-12.jpg

The bottom of the tank was drubrushed in silver to match my previous Wave Serpent build
eldar-fire-prism-13.jpg

The engines and intakes were painted in with Vallejo gunmetal. This was followed by giving the engines a drybrush of copper and a black wash.
The intakes only recieved the black wash.

The weapons, and some of the detail sections were drybrushed with copper
eldar-fire-prism-14.jpg

The model was given a cloat of gloss sealant, followed by placing the Altaithe crest decals in various places.
These were then sealed with a second coat of gloss.
The canopy masks were removed, and the turrent was glued into position on its support

Finished build pics:
eldar-fire-prism-15.jpg
eldar-fire-prism-16.jpg
eldar-fire-prism-17.jpg

eldar-fire-prism-18.jpg
eldar-fire-prism-19.jpg

eldar-fire-prism-20.jpg
eldar-fire-prism-21.jpg

Shown with my previous Eldar Wave Serpent
eldar-fire-prism-22.jpg
eldar-fire-prism-23.jpg

Youtube link: