Eduard 1/48 MiG-21SMT

Dusky

Burnt out on armor, so I pulled something out of the stash that can destroy armor.
IMG_3551.JPG

Exhaust pieces:
IMG_3554.JPG

Airbrushed cockpit using a mix of Tamiya Park Green, Sky Blue, and a tiny bit of Gloss White to match the Eduard PE color: (I airbrushed with a bent needle and sprayed the paint on too thick, but it still dried nice and smooth.)
IMG_3556.JPG

I rushed through the exhaust since you'll barely be able to see it. Paints are MM Metalizers and a custom Tamiya green and weathering with a Tamiya weathering set and colored pencils.
IMG_3562.JPG

Blurry picture, but it shows about all you can see.
IMG_3565.JPG

Looks nice so far Dusky. I keep thinking I'm going to get burnt on armor but just havent hit that point yet. Good move on switching though. Theres no sense in trying to force it. This is after all suppose to be fun.

Burning the midnight oil on this one. I'm going to try to blend the cockpit and PE better and then give it a wash. I've left off several of the tiny PE parts.
IMG_3566.JPG

Hey Dusk....found it!!! LOL...they don't let me out too often so all these great wingy things pass me by!! Nice bit of work you have going on!!! I love the work in the offe there too!!! The 21 is up there on my list of favs....keep plugging away there!!

Tidy work Dusky ,The office is looking good :)

Chris.

Landing gear bays are coming together.
IMG_3572.JPG

Mock-up with the tail and wings. The lower wing is warped a bit so I'll have to heat and bend it back into shape.
IMG_3570.JPG

Looking good Dusky. I love doing the landing gear bays and weapons bays on kits. You can really get creative there. I like to take some #12 wire and pull the strands out. You can make all kinds of wiring and hoses out of that stuff.

Latest posts

Back