Dorvack Halk powered armor

Cave_Dweller

Hey guys, this is my 1/24th scale Dorvack Halk kit I've been working on. Kind of like a poor man's Maschinen Krieger? :p

Actually, I love these kits as a Dorvack was my very first model ever at the tender age of 5. This is the 2007 re-release and it's a good kit. Great value for the money as you actually get 3 full kits that can be built as either of 2 variants, so plenty of room for modelling.

This one I built basically just like the picture on the box. I watched a video on youtube about the weathering with oil paints, which actually inspired me to register on this site and try the technique out myself! I think I went a bit too heavy with the oils, and it's going to take some practice. But, it still looks decent and it's another tool added to my arsenal.

Here's some pics of this guy:

5556345625_4d83ec5e70_b.jpg

5556343207_ec9c0c4758_b.jpg

5556344347_05fd5bae91_b.jpg

5556341857_8c123e98d0_b.jpg

Really cool looking suit,i like the nifty grungy effect on the paint and great weathering too.

Very cool looking ... I have never built one of these but dieing to give it a try. Nice job on the weathering!

Jingles said:
Nice work.

I love Dorvack and have quite a few in my stash, two in progress... none finished.

I didn't realise you got 3 Halk's in a box. I'll check mine later.

I don't suppose you have a Dunc do you?

... and Machinen Krieger is a poor man's Dorvack... (runs for cover).

Jingles.

Don't have a Dunc...saw that on hobby link japan (where I get all this stuff) and it was sold out, and fairly expensive too. I did get a Tinkle Bell/Tinkle Sam kit (lol @ that name) which also includes 3 full kits with 2 variants as well.

Thanks for the comments! :)

Latest posts

Back