DML Dicker Max WIP

Tony lee

Here we go again,are you bored yet? ;D
I'm building this kit along side the Emil,little bit on this one, then a little bit on that one. Keeps you on your toes if nothing else.

The Max is another one of Dragon's line of armor that needs attention and patients to build so don't think you can slam bam this one. Dry fit and dry fit again is the key word.
AM consist of Fruilmodel tracks and the Voyager PE set.

This kit has been out awhile so I had the benefit of reading about any problems that other had building it.
Never havin to be in a hurry to get something built and my habit of studying the instructions and dry fitting parts before I commit I really didn't have any problems. You can see some red filler there in the back but I was after a smooth surface for the PE ammo lockers to mount on and being a neat freak I smeared just a tad of filler over the two joints you'll have after the three sections back there are joined.
100_0826.jpg

100_0827.jpg
100_0828.jpg
100_0830.jpg
The PE lockers are smaller than the kit parts so in order for the door to fit the storage slots I had to put in a spacer(the white stock under the brass strip)

With the descent details on the Dragon parts I just used those on the rear casement instead of the brass stuff.
100_0831.jpg

The 105mm gun breech and base mount:
100_0835.jpg
100_0838.jpg

Just for kicks I drilled and pinned the scissor scope bracket so it can be folded back out of the way.
100_0836.jpg
100_0837.jpg

Built the PE seat frames,the back rest will raise and lower so the driver and radio operator can get up front easier. The kit fighting floor is just plain and photos show it had a slatted floor so out came the balsa wood planking to make up for the short fall.
100_0854.jpg
100_0906.jpg
Looking through the rear hatch that will be left open.

Before starting the exterior work I assembled and fitted the tracks.
100_0859.jpg

Moving on to the fender hardware started with these little jewels,the armored head lights:
100_0901.jpg
Some what more detail than the kit supplied lights,wouldn't you say?
100_0898.jpg

All just a dry fit for now:
100_0905.jpg
Right fender:
100_0904.jpg
Left fender:
100_0907.jpg

Now you're caught up with the Max to date.
That's it for today
Tony lee :)

TONY,
Rock-On !!

QUESTION: Do you do any prep work to your P.E. prior to glue ? I usually run a snading stick over My P.E. to give th glue or Soldier something to "BITE" to. Your stuff looks Really Great !!

ERIK

I sand if I glue Erik but let the flux etch it if I solder.

You ain't seen nothing yet Scarred. ;D

100_0912.jpg
Hard to stay at the bench with all the bad news coming out of Japan :(
I did manage to get the gun tube cradle and radio frame ready to install when it's time.

Thanks for droppin in

Very Cool Stuff ! Tony, does that Gator Glue dry clear/invisible ? I noticed that it was acrylic thought maybe it dried clear, like Matt Medium ?

ERIK

Yeah it drys clear. I thinned down some with water and did a wash over the chains so they would stay together and you can see shiny as if no glue was applied to it.

I really like that glue for what I use it for.

Corr Blimey ...your dragggin this one on a bit aint ya Tony ;D.....only jokin mate ,I love it ,those chains look very nice !
That whole Japan incedent is very very sad buddy ,I dont know how that country will ever recover after something like this :(

Chris.

Tony lee said:
Yeah it drys clear. I thinned down some with water and did a wash over the chains so they would stay together and you can see shiny as if no glue was applied to it.

WoW ! You can thin it down ? IT still retains it's strength .... I gotta get a Grip ! ;D

I made a new set of tow cables with one less strand bundle.
I think it looks more to scale now ???
100_0914.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cables look first class Tony .....did you mention paint ! ;D

Chris.

You already know what I think of this Tony but I never get fed up saying it..........stunning ;D

Looks awesome. I am just starting to make some kits with PE parts. I was going to glue them with super glue. Doesnt soldering them get too messy? Also, will super glue work? Hope you dont mind me asking. Anyway, it really looks incredible. Really enjoy seeing the progression & the details.

100_0864.jpg
This is what I use for PE. If you look you'll notice there's NO CA in that picture.

Thanks guys
Tony lee ;D

Latest posts

Back