Design Deco HO Model Railroad Building

weWillHold

Greetings
Attached are pics of a recently completed Design Deco plaster building for my home HO model railroad layout.
These Design Deco plaster kits are just fantastic offerings. While not inexpensive, the building design, molding quality, and ease of construction make them wonderful additions to any layout. This building is my fifth kit from this outfit, and they're just great kits to model and finish.
When possible, I name buildings on the layout after family members or friends. In this instance. T.W. Inc. is named after my youngest girl, (who is not so young anymore), but she had the knick name when small of "Twinkler, hence the building displayed here.
The model was assembled using yellow carpentars glue, and painted with Model Master acrylics, and weathered with JL Innovative powders.
The posters are printed off the Net to link the building to her coffee shop barista days as she worked here way through college. I tried to sand the paper to a thinness to allow the posters to nestle into the brick work, but unfortunately not so successful this time.
Lots of hours put into this one, but worth every minute of it. I hope you like the building as much as I do.
Thanks for looking.
Steve

A look at the building front, (in this instance), modeled as a small warehouse.
FrontView3.jpg

A side view.
Poster3.jpg

The other side.
MilitaryCoffeePoster.jpg

Rear View.
RearView-1.jpg

Roof view. I placed wood strips around the water tank and shed, and weathered as seen here.
RoofView.jpg

A close up of the water tower.
WaterTower2.jpg

A close up of the roof top shed.
RoofTopShed2.jpg

Temporarily set in place on the layout.
LayOutPlacement.jpg

Very nice!

They are nice kits. I built one quite a numb er of years ago when I had a layout.

very realistic paint and weathering on this. Especially the wooden water tank on the roof. Looks like real weathered aged wood!

Latest posts

Back