Desert Deception

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
Hey fellow addicts, during the African campaign both sides used trickery and deception
to fool their enemy. These dummy tanks were made to fool recon aircraft into reporting
more armor units than Rommel had.
Kubelwagon is Hasagawa 1/72 kit. Fake tank is scratchbuilt out of styrene and tape. Figure
is from Airfix and is converted(new arms and head w/ pith helmut). Tent made out of foil.
The rest of equip is from spares.
modpic11059.jpg
modpic11054.jpg
modpic11048.jpg
modpic11057.jpg
modpic11058.jpg
Any comments are suggestions are welcomed. Thanks for viewing.

Hummm... innovative!v :)

Is it based on a picture?? or is it a creative design, Panzerman??

Anyway, I think that it is a very cool & original idea, mate... :)

;D ;D And I´m thinking in building a 1:1 scale to fit over my lil´ Peugeot 205 and take a drive around !!! ;D

Cheers, Panzerman
RG

there is truth in his idea jelly. and its pretty good and not somthing you will see every day

spud said:
there is truth in his idea jelly. and its pretty good and not somthing you will see every day

Hey Spud, :)
Definitely in my case it is the first time I´ve seen one of those dummies in a model kit!

I think I had seen before some pics of this kind of deception devices, but they were British, US, or Japanese... ;)

i know the brits done it in N.Afrika but duno about the germansm, But still whos to say it never happneded :)

nice build loving your scratch built tanky thing looking forward to seein whats nxt from you

john

Great little build Panzerman ,and a nice original idea ,well finished :)

Chris.

Thanks everyone, I really enjoyed the build on this one. Not something you see
everyday has a certain appeal.
@Eastrock, what does SBS stand for???
@Jelly, thanks for posting the photo, I'm sure it's the one I used for reference.
Much appreciated my fellow addicts...................Bill.

Latest posts

Back