Demon Bust

Dlesko

Hi guys, this is my Whitworth Studios Demon Bust. I really like this kit. The detail is incredible and it was a ton of fun to paint. Any thought or comments are most welcome. Thanks guys!

DemonBustFinished1_zps2b2e7fb3.jpg
DemonBustFinished2_zps866407e4.jpg
DemonBustFinished3_zps1c85f23d.jpg

I really like that bust and wanted to get it for a very long time.
I also very like the paint job on this one :)
Cheers

Handsome devil isn't he :p

Did you paint the eyes?? They look like glass, amazing.

Hi guys. Thanks for all the comments. No, the eyes are not glass, i painted them ;D. First i painted the area around the eyes and the eyes themselves with the shadow color i was using. The i used Garage Kits Colors sandstone to lighten the eyeball. Never use white! Then I painted the iris with Golden Colors raw umber. I used a blow dryer to dry the paint. I used Golden yellow umber, red oxide and another red (forgot the name) to paint the striations in the iris. Then i used the raw umber to add some really fine striations on top. Once that was dry i used black to paint the pupil. I outlined the top and bottom of the eye with some raw umber and then gave the bottom of the eye a wash with Garage Kit Colors dusty pink. I really it with dull cote and hit it with the hairdryers for a while, then let it sit over night. You have to make sure its completely dry for the next step or you'll ruin the eye. Once totally dry i gave it a few coats of future floor polish. I only use this to gloss eyes because its so shiny. I think that's what makes them look real. :)

Thanks again guys!

Latest posts

Back