Das Werk 1/16 StugIII

I had to pre-order. Oh the thought of weathering this pig makes me so happy. Considering that some of the higher end 1/35 scale vehicles are dang near approaching that price, why not? My wife certainly won't be happy when she looks at the checkbook. :eek::D

What a great looking kit, and the price is fantastic! I wonder how the tracks would hold up if it were converted to R/C?
The1/16 R/C Tamiya kits are all well over the $500 range so I may also put in a preorder for this one.
The only armor models that I build anymore are all 1/16 or 1/6, I have a hard time seeing and working with the small 1/35 scale parts these days,
Thanks for posting Wolf Star!

I suppose if you wanted to RC it, Heng Long or other company probably has PZ III/IV metal tracks.

I think it might be much easier to just use the entire running gear & lower hull of the Heng Long and then fit the new STUG upper hull to it. You can't beat the Heng Long if you want a cheap donor R/C tank hull for an odd project. I built a 1/16 SMK by buying two Heng Long KV-1's and cutting them in half at the correct location. I left the gear box and radio installation stock and it runs like a champ. The upper hull is a miss/mash of scratch built, 3D printed, and left over KV-1 parts.

Attachments

• SMK 1.jpg
    SMK 1.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back