D-Day aneversery recognition day scrapped... WHY?!?

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
Because of a Animay club! WHAT THE FLIP!!!!

flyinglessons.jpg

alright as you all may know a while back, may have been two weeks ago, this is a late update, i had planned a Honorary Anniversary Recognition day for the troops that served during D-Day on the anniversary of D-Day, i had really cool posters made up, button designs... and it was completely scrapped. June 6th rolled around and not a single poster was posted, nothing, it wasn't even announced... the next day a crap tun of posters where posted for the Animay club... :mad: FAIL!

The Animay club was suggested on the same exact day as the D-Day anniversary, should i expect any less from these people to prioritized something that could have been done later, rather than honoring others on a specific planned day. the Animay club was probably Done instead of the D-Day Aneversery Recognition day, beacuse of the following reasons. 1 the person in student council that wanted the Animay Club was the student council presidents best friend, 2 the person who probably printed the posters for the animay club that are posted all over the school, also suggested the Animay club. the day for the Animay club has long past and gone, and those stupid posters are still up, how badly do i want to tear them down, stomp on them, and light them on fire... I cannot describe!

Well, it was 67 years ago. History isn't popular. You're talking great (and a few Great great) grand fathers to kids today.
You only care about history because you have an interest in flight sims and models. You need to relax. Let the Anime Club posters alone. Actually, join it and show them the anime "The Cockpit". If you've never seen it, join the Anime Club and ask if anybody has it. Neat WWII fictional short stories.
If it means that much to you, talk to a teacher about setting up something for the next observed holiday that pertains to WWII.
But to get so angry over a club that happened to posters up on June 6, 2011... I think you need to rethink.

I'd also point out, that most people only think WWII in Europe terms. Even among history buffs, the Pacific gets passed over. Just something to think about.

Gundamhead said:
I'd also point out, that most people only think WWII in Europe terms. Even among history buffs, the Pacific gets passed over. Just something to think about.

now before i go on i wold like to explane that this is not to belittle anyone here, or be angry towards anyone here, but i would just like to make a point...

im not thinking just about Europe, this wasn't just to recognize a war that happened, this was to pay honor and tribute to the man and woman who played a part, if you pay very close attention to one of my posters i made, it said "they did a job that needed to be done, that should not have had to be done." not "D Day is Cool." i don't want to pay tribute to our troops just beacuse i play flight simulators, i want to pay tribute to our troops beacuse i have a very great respect for them! i want to pay tribute to our troops beacuse they did something most people would never do today let alone recognize what they did, they sacrificed themselves and there lives. i'm not biased towards the war in Europe either, i play very close attention to the war in the pacific also... i pay very close attention to every country that fought in that war, Great Brittan, Canada, Germany, More, this was just one day of it, i could do a tribute to the troops that fought pearl harbor, Eugema, troops that fought on both sides, in fact i dont give a crap what Military action, WWI, WWII, Veatnam, Korean War, Desert storm, Iraq, Afghanistan, on and on... people where lost, people sacrificed there lives and time. its to pay honor and say thank you to them, for doing this, to say sorry to the mothers who lost there son or daughter in military action, not beacuse "operation overload was cool."

its also very frustrating when someone elses plans get chosen beacuse that particular person is more favored... and its really frustrating when that persons particular plans could have possibly waited just a little while, but it gets flopped right over mine, and my plans just get tossed to the side.

you don't need to take a interest in history to pay honor to people for doing something do you? not everyone likes animey either! if you like it good i have nothing agents you... if a person likes animay they have a interest and i fully respect that, but not everyone likes animay either, and to me its really not a question about who likes what, but paying tribute to those who deserve recognition!

thats all i have to say.

Ace, you misunderstand me. I meant you no offense. I mean you have an interest in history because of your hobbies, flight sims, models, & art. Through that, you have knowledge of WWII history. You know what those people did in that time. Most kids your age don't. It's simply so long ago. To them, it's like WWI before the aircraft and armor showed up in battle is to us. ;) (You know kinda booooring.)

As I was trying to say, your idea was good, but it only focused on one day of war during that war. You can't hold it against them about that. Maybe your poster was curtailed for the school. Some schools do not like military on their campus. Maybe your wording started controversy. Maybe you were the only one interested in that, which if it was important to you, you could have done it solo along side their posters. I dunno, but it's past and you just got to let it go.

As for trying to honor the vets, that's what Memorial Day is for. Giving respect to those that have and are serving. The problem is that holiday seems to be becoming less about the have served, and more about the currently serving... right up until a squadron streaks by in the Missing Man formation or you hear a 21 gun salute. Then you see the tears in the crowd. When I see that, I know people still 'get it'.

Your beef seems to be about the clique. I can't really help with that. I march to my own drum. There's always gonna be those that are in while you're out. Keeps the world 'interesting'. (Besides, our clique is cooler.)

Again, no offense was meant to you.

13aceofspades13 said:
im not thinking just about Europe,

Well Ace,

I have to say that I understand exactly what Gundamhead was trying to say and agree with him. Reading your last post, perhaps choosing the D-Day anniversary wasn't the best date to pick. Perhaps a more general theme/topic would have been better if you wanted to honor all soldiers. When I go back and re-read your first post in this thread it seems to me that you were very clear on specifically remembering those who died on June 6, 1944, not those on say Bataan in January, 1942.

I don't think he was trying to knock you or your idea, in fact I think he was trying to do just the opposite. Sometimes we don't understand fully the intentions of others in text.

;)

Gundamhead said:
As for trying to honor the vets, that's what Memorial Day is for. Giving respect to those that have and are serving.

Well, if I may interject here a bit, what you described sounds more like Veterans Day. Memorial Day is a day set aside to honor those who have fallen in battle. It isn't meant as a day for us to thank our neighbor for serving, or thank or grandfather as we sit with him at the parade.

We can do that 364 days a year if we want to and probably should but Memorial Day is a day to remember those that have made the ultimate sacrifice and given their all by dying in battle.

Just sayin'

8)

Oooooo.... I'm so red faced. Sorry, but I completely forgot Veterans Day. I always remember Memorial Day, (that's my anniversary, I have to.)

In my feeble minded defense, I am very tired. I've been up for 28 hours now. 3rd is sooo much fun at times.

Anyway, I like the 365 days a year thing better. 8)

once again not out of complete blind anger and this is not to belittle anyone.

@scalemodelman
yep im still not making myself clear, stupid me, yes in this case i was referring to honoring those on D-Day, that was my primary focus, but i was not just thinking about them, however i was just saying i would be more than willing to honor those who fought in the Pacific, or any other theater of the war, or during any other military action, that was my intent to honor those who fought on D-Day, those who where lost.

@Gundamhead
yes, i do have a very great interest in Military things, beacuse of my hobbies yes, that would interlink, however i still do not believe everyone needs to be interested in it to post a few posters at the least to show respect too them, i mean is it that hard to pick up a stapler and press staples through paper and cardboard? i would certanly think i would be much easier than making a Anime club

also, yes, Manorial day, issue is i was not in student council at the time, and i could not suggest it, or i would do that too... D-Day anniversary was there at the time, i took the opportunity, they had just as long to prepare for it as they did the Anime club posters, in fact the Anime club had a longer Deadline... therefore, i was hoping they would see that and just post the posters for the D-Day Anniversary, then do the Anime club later, thats all they needed to do, post a few posters... but they didn't.

now i have been informed i have had to post the posters myself, but they did not tell me this, even if so i would have needed permission, which i did not receive anyhow... the student council could have just told me if i had permission i could have printed the posters myself and posted them... but i was never informed... either way it boils down to this, it makes me very frustrated, either way its just wow... it seems like you practically have to be the best est best friend of the student council preseden't to get something through...

im sorry if i hurt anyones feelings, this was not my intentions. this situation has been very sad, frustrating, and trying for me, i worked very hard on those posters, and preporations, and the few months i have been here, i have been working very hard, and i sacraficed that time, only to come to a conclusion they couldnt even simply post a few of the posters i have made.

Latest posts

Back