Custom decals not lying down

Quaralane

Posting this here, because it really doesn't fit in the other sections....

Okay, this has been a semi-constant source of frustration for me, so I'm turning to you guys for some help with it.

First off, I get my waterslide decal paper from either bel-decals, decalpaper.com, or water-decals.com

I can print them out just fine. The problem comes in when I use them.
Prior to using them, I seal them with a coat of Krylon semigloss.
When I apply them to a model, they seem to want to "peel up" around the edges.
I get this problem most of the time. The decal will seem to go down just fine, then start peeling up at the edges.
Testors decal set doesn't help.
And a "slurry" of Elmers glue and water under the decal only seems to help a little.
Inevitably, I often have to go back to a particular decal several times to get it to stick properly to the surface.

Any clues as to where my problem lies?
This never happens with either kit-provided decals, or with the decals I've bought online. Just the ones I make for myself.
Should I be getting my paper from another source?

Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated as I just had to junk an aztec job on a Reliant bash because of this issue

Have you tried Walthers Solvaset decal solution? Its pretty potent stuff. Good for thick decals or very irregular surfaces, but your decal gets very fragile while it works. Or Microscale industries liquid decal film, micro sol and micro set These are great for fixing troublesom decals. The Liquid decal film is used to restor old decalsor help glue down or strengthen very thin flims. The Micro set is a setting solution for normal decals and improves adhesion the micro sol is for making a decal look "painted on" or for irregular surfaces similar to the walthers solvaset. If you are making a order pick up some Micro Kristal Klear, it is great for clear parts like canopies but it can also be used to "make" clear lenses and windows.

The other suggestion is to try to prep your surfaces with Future (Johnsons Klear, or Pledge future) there is a great article in fine scale modeler in July 2010, Future + the products above have solved all my decal issues.

Thanks for the suggestions
I've been using microsol on the latest attempt, and it seemed to work fine on a couple. But those weren't having my peel up issue.
The ones having the peel up issue, it did little or nothing for.

Now, I will admit that I've only been using a semigloss on the models before decalling, which I realize may be part of the issue.

I've been using the Microsol and Microset. Good stuff. One thing that freaked me out the first time I used the Microsol, was that after applying it to the decal, the decal wrinkled up something fierce. It was hard for me to just leave it, and let it be. The decal will "de-wrinkle" it self and "snuggle" down to the gloss surface as it dries...

That effect is one I'm well aware of.
Saw it first on the Fine Molds 1/72 Jedi Starfighter, and it scared the heck out of me.

The guys over at Starship Modeler may have hit the nail on the head, though.
It's likely the sealer I'm using. I've probably been putting it on too thick

Just an update here,
The guys over at Starship Modeler hit the nail right on the head.
Instead of drowning the sheet in sealer, I misted it from the can.
Decals laid down just like they're supposed to

Back