Courage and Steel. Stalingrad 1942

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Howdie all,

this has been a project ive been sitting on for a while, and ive finally figured out how to tackle such a large event in history. Having always wanted to depict the brutal fighting in Stalingrad ive came up with this a subject. I plan to depict a section of germans troops clearing out a bombed out factory building when they engage in hand to hand fighting with the russian defenders inside, all is going well till a russian tank (im thinking of a T80) shows up outside, volenteering to take out the tank a pair of german troopers dash from cover with mines and a hollow charges on a one way sortie, i aim to show the human courage on both sides displayed during the battle

some pics from the net for inspiration

images2.jpg

images3.jpg

images1.jpg

the factory building from miniart

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa334/longlance67/P1100785.jpg[/IMG

the first batch of troops come from masterbox with minor convertions and kit from DML gen2 sets, some more putty work has yet to be done and each figure is gonna be repainted

Squad Leader:
[ATTACH=full]32309[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]32310[/ATTACH]

Trooper with hallow charge:
[ATTACH=full]32311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]32312[/ATTACH]

i have more figures been worked on at the moment but their far enough along yet

more to follow soon,

thanks

shane.

Off to a great start Shane!!! Love the idea too!! Keep it coming! ;)

Spud,andrei and TRM - thanks for the comments lads, glad to have you along :)

Been working on some other figures to add to diorama, so after digging around in my spares box i got these chaps ;)

Sapper with demo charge:

P1110237.jpg

P1110240.jpg

the main body came from masterbox, the head and equipment are from DML

Trooper with AT mine:

P1110222.jpg

P1110225.jpg

this chap along with the guy with the magnetic mine will be making their desperate dash to knock out the russian tank. Just wondering does anyone have any information regarding russian tanks operating within stalingrad ?
any info there would be great.

the figure got a resin head from hornet replacing the one from the kit, this required some putty work to blend the neck and chest areas of the figure as well as the collar of the jacket that received some damage.

P1110241.jpg

im not the best with milliput, but im happy how it came out :)

P1110244.jpg

more to follow soon lads :)

thnaks,

Shane :)

Ooh, this is gonna be a good one. Looking forward to seeing all the work to follw, base and all. Great start on the figures, standing by for more.

Cheers, Ski.

thanks Steve,

havent got to do much of late, due to time restraints with college and what stuff, but i'm doing a little bit of building and painting when ever i get the time, should have an update very soon i hope :)

Latest posts

Back