Corellian C-70 Republic Frigate 1:350

Top notch.. well done.

Noticed the jar of mixed paint (red and gray). can I ask did you make a custom mix for the gray?

gav

kiwi gav said:
Top notch.. well done.

Noticed the jar of mixed paint (red and gray). can I ask did you make a custom mix for the gray?
gav

Thanks Gav! The "mix" is just 50% Tamiya Flat White and 50% Deck Tan. I just call it "Rebel White" cause the most Rebel vessels have a warmwhite greyish Color. The Red (what i call Republic Red) is a mix of Hull Red and Flat Red and maybe some white. I don´t remember the exactly mix cause i mixed it til i liked it. ;)
I ordered some colors for my Trumpeter Bismarck and Lifecolors "UA 606 Schiffsbodenfarbe" looks pretty close to my mix of Red.

Looks really good. Love the weathering.

Wasnt this design the original design for the Rebel Blockade runner?

It is similar
Blockade_Runner_Sketchbook2.jpg

J

My first impression when i saw the Radiant on Screen in the Cinema it looks like an Corellian Gunship with the 3 huge engines. Yes J the front section looks more like the first Falcon that became later the Blockade Runner. I think it´s still the best design of Episode I that reminds of the original Trilogy.

Outstanding work just as always!
So, as far as I understand the installation of the Clone Wars Era modifications does require sanding down some of the EpI-version model's surface detailing? The thing is that I thought about making all those additional weapon-points detachable via small magnets implanted into the surface with some minor drilling required. That would allow to represent the vessel in both variations prefered.The colors won't fit the CW era's gray primecolor, but anyway that could be cool.
However, still can't figure out what exactly amount of operations such a mod would require, and if that would be worth a try after all.

yeah, the lower turrets need for the surface to be sanded down a little. so do the extra escape pods if you want to do all four. but seeing is how these craft are all refit versions, there are probably some variations that could be explored further

Latest posts

Back