Compressor PSI question

ulvdemon

Morning everyone. After reading some of the compressor questions that have come up lately I wanted to add my own. I am currently using a Badger 180-1 with the Paasche H single action airbrush. I am quite happy with the set up, but what I am having is a PSI question.
I know the Paasche H works at around 30 PSI, yet I am noticing that I can only get air from my regulator at 30psi. Is anyone still using this brand air compressor and if so, any issue with getting use from a lower psi?

Hmmm... then it could be my regulator. Once it warms up more in the basement I will take another look. THanks for the information.

I use a Paasche VL, and there's not really an optimal pressure setting to use, but rather, I vary the pressure, based on the job. I do tend to brush generally around 20 psi, too.

I use a Craftsman 1.5 hp compressor with a 3 gal tank, too. Multi-use--I can use it to paint, and there are also air-driven tools it can power.

It depends upon what I am painting on the air pressure I use. But typically I use 15 to 20 PSI, but sometimes I drop it to 10 PSI.

While I am not using your brand of compressor, I will rarely go over 20 PSI, so your compressor will work fine for me.

I am not using a Paasche AB, but a Badger patriot and a Sotar 2020. I do have a Paasche VL however and I don't remember what PSI I used on it.

I generally spray between 10 and 25 psi but it very much depends on the paint/ab/finish
Clearcoat through the Aztek is much much higher than minitaire through the badger krome.
Alclad is metallics are lower than their primers.
I usually load up the brush and then tweak pressure till I get the flow I'm after, as the pressure set is always higher than the working pressure.

Thanks for the help everyone. The issue I am running into is there is no air going to my airbrudh unless its around 30psi. Will need to troubleshoot that.

Latest posts

Back