'Close Contact' Diorama (WIP)

Really amazing how your build comes together.
I LOVE the scratch built details.
And the scene is building up tension nicley - one can already feel the drama building up here.
Good Job mate!

Figs look great, structures are coming along and the layout looks like it flows well. Lookin like a great one to me!

Cheers, Ski.

Steve Ski said:
Figs look great, structugetting ready to oming along and the layout looks like it flows well. Lookin like a great one to me!

Cheers, Ski.

Thank you guys, especially you ski. Coming from you it is a total compliment. I am in the process of getting ready to paint the usmc figures.

A little continuation of the diorama construction. No big change but added some more small stuff, so it looks a little more the mess out on the road and around the building. You can see that I keep on trying different variations to see which one fits best in the scene.

wip_close_contact_placement_b_zps75e424cf.jpg

wip_close_contact_insurgents_placement_zps076e4f3b.jpg

p_close_contact_insurgents_placement_k_zps569225b1.jpg

p_close_contact_insurgents_placement_l_zps79016be0.jpg

wip_close_contact_placement_a_zps82c1fd2c.jpg

p_close_contact_insurgents_placement_b_zps435f9e33.jpg

p_close_contact_insurgents_placement_c_zps2e0c3d9b.jpg

-----------------------------

These are the figures I am using. Right now I'm forced to start over with the USMC figures because I was not entirely happy with the result.

wip_close_contact_box_sets_zps03b19ffa.jpg

Yo tambien! (me too) Wow, the details are adding up, but what really has me going is the trash bags with what "really" looks like bags full of trash. Incredible detail, excellent addition and spooky realistic. Ruck On!

Cheers, Ski.

Great Job man ;D ;D ;D ;D That scratch building looks amazing :eek: :eek:
Cant wait for those USMC troops 8)
8) MC521 8)

Well, after buying some denatured alcohol, and soaking the figures in them to remove the paint, I finally took them out after 8 hours and the results were not that good. The paint seem to come off easily but so did the plastic. So I had to throw away two of the usmc figures. :( So typical. And these were the two main figures I wanted to use in this scene. So that means I will have to build the other two remaining ones and luckily I had one resin figure from Blast Model that I will add to the present ones. Oh well. Next time I will not leave them in for so long. I am going to start on the figures this weekend. So my apologies for not having any pics to show of the usmc figures. Hopefully next update.

But here are some over all pics of the entire diorama, which I took outside. I painted the concrete barriers black/yellow strips and added drums to the mix to make the scene more interesting. Still going to weather the building some more and the surroundings.

overall_view_zps11e3fbfc.jpg

overall_view2_zps008445d0.jpg

overall_view6_zps803d56da.jpg

overall_view3_zpsa88e40a3.jpg

overall_view5_zpsde285bb6.jpg

overall_view4_zpsca9db149.jpg

overall_view7_zpsb20b5917.jpg

overall_view10_zpsabcc1195.jpg

overall_view11_zps836eaa2b.jpg

overall_view12_zps0909857a.jpg

overall_view8_zpsb31502f7.jpg

overall_view9_zps95f7a69a.jpg

Wow,the detail is so great. I love the bullet holes in the side of the building and the paper on the street. Brilliant!

Bummer about the two lost figures, but I'm VERY confident with your level of work you will compensate easily.
The deatils are awesome!
Good luck with the rest :)
Cheers
klaus

I have been asked many times how I made the garbage bags. I made the trash bags using this method:

1. I cut a small piece of GLAD food rap plastic and cut it into the size I wanted; more like a square shape napkin.

2. Then I took some sugar( sand works fine too) and placed some in the center of the plastic.

3. I gently folded all four corners together then used a piece of thread to tie the plastic together.

4. Then I took a spray primer and sprayed the entire plastic. You might want to use a plastic type spray that is compatible with such materials. I did not have any on hand. So I just used a car primer spray can.

4. After it dried for an half hour to an hour, I took a black spray can( Tamiya Matt Black, but any will do, I guess) and spray the bags until I covered all areas except the bottom. This area will not be seen anyway. That's it. Instant trash bags.

I am a cheapo modeler. So O try and look for all cheap methods to building. That is why I decided to do this project.

Latest posts

Back