'Clansmen' A-7E in 1/48..

Really great work getting all the resin to fit in the fuselage. Where did you get the seamless intake? I can't recall seeing that company.

Wayne

Looking even better dude!

I followed the explanation and thanks! I definitely have to get some photo etched to try.

Seriously intense build! I love the results so far. I definitely can appreciate all the little fine details you have included.

Sure you may be a year into it, but this like nothing anyone else has done! Great work bud!

WayneBt said:
Really great work getting all the resin to fit in the fuselage. Where did you get the seamless intake? I can't recall seeing that company.

Wayne

He deals on EBay here in the US.I was poking around on there lastnight,and noticed he has just added Superhornet intakes for both the Revell and Hasegawa kits... And thanks for the comment Wayne! :)

Dagger6actual said:
Love the A-7. Can't wait to see the finished product....really looking good!

Thanks for the comment Dagger and thank you for checking it out!

letsgobrowns82 said:
Looks great, your getting close.

Thanks!

TRM said:
Love the progress!!! Decs look sweet!! Keep it going!!!

Thanks T! Now that the paint and decs are on I actually feel like I'm making some headway.

smokeriderdon said:
Looking even better dude!

I followed the explanation and thanks! I definitely have to get some photo etched to try.

Thanks Don! If you have ANY questions at all,don't hesitate to PM or email me...I'm all about sharing what limited building tips I do have LOL!

hook1169 said:
Seriously intense build! I love the results so far. I definitely can appreciate all the little fine details you have included.

Sure you may be a year into it, but this like nothing anyone else has done! Great work bud!
Thanks a lot for that! I have other builds in the pipeline that are just as involved.I am very blessed to have the job that I have,but the 12-14 hr days really slow my building time

just caught up with your thread bud.love the cockpit detail looks like you could get in there and fly the thing quality work and will be keeping up with your superb work

geegad said:
just caught up with your thread bud.love the cockpit detail looks like you could get in there and fly the thing quality work and will be keeping up with your superb work

Thank you very much for the kind words Geegad ;D

Here are a few shots taken during the weathering process.

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

downloadfile-2.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

downloadfile-1.jpg

Thanks so much for your interest.Another update soon...

Thanks for the interest everyone.

Some more weathering:

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

Bare metal area painted at the rear using MM Metalizer

IMAG0130.jpg

It was at this point I decided I wasn't happy with the formation lights.So I ordered a set of lights from Quickboost,that were meant for the Hobbyboss kit and grafted them on to mine.Touch-ups were done with Tamiya clear red,blue and green.

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

Your comments are most welcome! :)

Latest posts

Back