Christine

jellis11

Hello all, I've been a long time snooper on this site, but never really posted much, so I figured I would give it a shot. This is my WIP of Christine.....so far I have primered the body, wired her for lights and shot some Alclad2 chrome on her caps, bumper, grill, etc.

I still have a long ways to go, but humble beginnings..........

I've also started on a base that I'll try to incorporate some brass contacts into. The plan is to somehow run another set of contacts down through the tires or (?). This way any wiring should be completely invisible.

Any comments or constructive criticism is very welcome

If anyone is interested, I will post more progress pics this weekend

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Guys!!!

I'll definitely get more pics up soon.....I plan on spraying the white on the roof, wiring up taillights and "ghostly blue" interior glow and smoking out the windows at the very least this weekend...stay tuned.

I appreciate the looks and comments!

Awesome work so far, the lights look great. This takes me back to when I was a kid and watched the movie. I always loved that car. Sounds like you have big plans for it, I cant wait to watch it all come together.

letsgobrowns82 said:
Awesome work so far, the lights look great. This takes me back to when I was a kid and watched the movie. I always loved that car. Sounds like you have big plans for it, I cant wait to watch it all come together.

Thanks Browns! I hope to make it all come together....still got a few things to figure out how to make work

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I really appreciate it! Here is what I got done this weekend......

First there were quite a few seam lines to sand off the body. I also had to sand off the emblem on the rear quarter panels ("Belvedere")
Then, I drilled out the tail light bezels to make room for a couple of red LEDs (no pic)
Got the roof and trim taped off, then shot a coat of MM red enamel, then hand painted the chrome trim around the windows and other various places. (I still need to shoot the big horizontal aluminum side piece.)

And finally, a good coat of future to seal in what I've done so far

Thanks for looking! Comments always welcome!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looking great and love the headlights! 'Christine' is one of my favourite books and movies.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.....I had to back off of her for a bit for a group build. But I'll get back to it with more updates soon....

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back