Chaos renegades sentinel

Juan

Freelance miniature and scale-model painter
I've found an old Imperial Guard sentinel kit in a box so I decided to make a chaos renegades sentinel.
It has to be scratched, it needs to be rusty and it's cool because I don't like clean and new looking kits ;D

I've made very little additions to the kit, I've also re-positioned left foot's "toes", and built a base.
sentinel_wip1.jpg
sentinel_wip2.jpg

After the airbrush and oil washes.
sentinel_wip3.jpg
sentinel_wip4.jpg

I've added scratches, streaking (with AK interactive's cool products ;)) and a freehand chaos star.
sentinel_wip5.jpg
sentinel_wip6.jpg

There's nothing finished, I need to refine the star, do the metallics, oil and grease stains, and add the pilot.
There's also some work remaining on the base which will be muddy.

Feel free to comment !

This looks really cool. I like the finish so far. I'll follow your progress. :)

JMac

Hi, thanks for the comments. :)

I've continued the work.
I need to paint the pilot, and finish the base now.

sentinel_wip7.jpg
sentinel_wip8.jpg
sentinel_wip9.jpg

Why the rusty feet? Looks a bit odd when compared with the rest of the Sentinel...

Thanks everybody :)

f2k said:
Why the rusty feet? Looks a bit odd when compared with the rest of the Sentinel...

The rust effect on the feet is very flashy on these pics but it's now very attenuated with the mud effects, I hope post au new pic soon.

Interesting.... I like all the weathering.... Nicely done !!!

Can you take a picutre with a bottle of paint or a coin ! so I can gauge its Size ?? if you don't mind...

schweinhund227 said:
Interesting.... I like all the weathering.... Nicely done !!!

Can you take a picutre with a bottle of paint or a coin ! so I can gauge its Size ?? if you don't mind...

It's actually not that big. Now, of course I don't happen to have one handy right now, but this picture (borrowed from dakkadakka) might help...

141915_md-Guard%2C%20Sentinel%2C%20Winter.jpg

The guardsmen are heroic scale 28mm. as per Games Workshop's usual standards... That is, no standards at all... ;)

Great effects, well done. You've gotta love a well used Mech........

Hi,

then sentinel is (finally finished).

schweinhund227 : it's about 8cm (3 inches) high.

The pictures :
sentinel1_1.jpg
sentinel1_2.jpg
sentinel1_3.jpg
sentinel1_4.jpg

Comments welcome ! :)

Latest posts

Back