Celticwerks- JFE Scratchbuilding Seminar April 15th/2012

TRM

Hey fellas!! I don't have pics yet, but will after the show. I just wanted to get this posted up in case anyone in the local Boston area, or that will be in the area and is interested in attending this workshop. I attended the last Celticwerks Workshop and it was huge fun. Have a look what is in store for this time around.

From Steve from Celticwerks:

Celticwerks and Joe Farina Enterprises will be hosting a modeling seminar April 15th, 2012 in Braintree, Massachusetts (USA). The venue is the Disabled American Veterans facility at 788 Liberty Street, Braintree, MA.

Scratchbuilding and Painting Industrial Ruins-

Here are some shots of what each participant will be making!

Starting with Joe Farina Enterprises Chimney Base
DSC09157.jpg

We'll be cutting circles and 90 degree angles in styrene:

DSC09176.jpg
Adding weld beads:

DSC09180.jpg

Learning how to bend brass wire into grab handles and how to glue them into position without leaving monsterous blobs of glue behind.

DSC09183.jpg

With some Joe Farina Enterprises handwheels we'll add some valve positioners, then scratchbuild a junction box with bolt heads and a piece of solder conduit.

DSC09263.jpg

I added a Celticwerks piping elbow (new product), some evergreen styrene tubing and painted her up! :)

Base colors:

0221121959.jpg

The finished piece- ready for a factory ruin.
DSC09266.jpg

DSC09274.jpg

DSC09279.jpg

Check out the weld beads and the oil dripping from that valve stem!
DSC09283.jpg

The piece was designed to allow us to demonstrate key techniques. All applicable to many area of vehicle modeling, or diorama making. Cutting circles, and 90 degree angles, making weld beads, casting texture, bolt heads, rivets, adding brass handles, and conduit.

Seminar attendees will build the piece shown and paint the Joe Farina base.

Seminar seats will be $35 US in advance- and include all the materials you will need to build the piece- a bunch of freebies and Lunch.

Cash bar and vendors will of course be available.

Sponsors include Joe Farina Enterprises, Celticwerks and Vallejo.

Hope to see the locals there!

Interested in attending?

Steve

So if you want to attend please get in touch with Steve ASAP, there are only a few openings left....Hope to see you there!~! ;)

Hello everyone,

Thought I would post up some picture of the seminar I had the pleasure of attending today. The show was completely put on by Celticwerks (Steve) and Mr. Joe Farina of Farina Enterprises.

The two collaborated to bring a workshop to us with a specially cast base from Joe and scratch building techniques from our own Steve Reid. Amazing time. For a small price they supplied everything but the brushes to put the paint on...including coffee and doughnuts in the morning and a excellent lunch not to mention the materials not only to build two Farina/Celticwerks bases but some free-bees from Joe as well.

With that, here are some pics....

First........

Steve, Thank you to you and Joe for all the hard work and sacrifice to put on a show like this. Had a blast!!! I hope to see more of these and an increase in the attendance!! The venue was great as was the food and drink, but most of all the gathering!!!

Some pics......

Here is the hall before the show. Big thanks goes out to the members of the DAV (Disabled American Veterens) for the use of the hall.

002.jpg

012.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

Joe Farina Presenting step by step on painting and shadow perspectives on base work!

025.jpg

One of the TWO bases supplied by Joe for the Seminar....I did say 2..woo hoo!!

042.jpg

More excellent materials supplied By Steve from Celticwerks and Joe Farina.

007.jpg

004.jpg

020.jpg

Steve giving a superb tutorial on scratch building...making a jig to cut circles and squaring up cuts for hatches.

032.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

033.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

A couple of shots of the outstanding piece created by a friend Chris...

035.jpg

034.jpg

Of course I needed to snap a couple pics of mine once I got home ::)

045.jpg

048.jpg

Shh...i stole Chris's idea of putting the gate valve on top of the elbow. :cool:

Again, Steve and Joe have outdone themselves and put on an excellent seminar. I am looking forward to more show in the future and hope to see more people plan shows like this all over. Great to get together with friends and build new things, try new things, hang out, eat and drink and just have a really fun time!

Thank you again Steve and Joe!!!

Latest posts

Back