Cars you would love to build if only the kit existed

Lepper

lincoln-torino_0011_Layer-1.jpg

This popped up on topgear.com and I thought, "Oh! I'd love to build that!"

This is the 1955 Lincoln Indianapolis Boano Coupé concept. Built on a 1955 Lincoln Continental undercarriage, the Indianapolis was designed by Gian Paolo Boano for the Turin Motor Show. The best description I've seen: "A blend of clean and perfectly controlled Italian volumes ornamented with aviation-inspired, American chrome details."
lincoln-torino_0001_Layer-11.jpg
lincoln-torino_0000_Layer-12.jpg

While the original Lincoln had a huge chrome bumper, the Indianapolis features only a thick bar, which curves downwards like a moustache around the only air intake at the front of the vehicle.
lincoln-torino_0008_Layer-4.jpg
lincoln-torino_0002_Layer-10.jpg

I'm just getting my feet wet with scratch-building, so this is somewhat out of my reach ATM. A fella can dream, tho. What a build it would be...

Hi Jeff.
I'm pretty sure there is a model of the Ford interceptor out there and I saw a decal set somewhere for all the RCMP stuff.
As far as the Ferret is concerned, nothing. I've been looking for this one for years, no one's even done it in paper.
I may try to scratch one in the future. I have access to a lot of reference material. The Ontario Regt. Ferret Club has 10 of them operational.

Jim

I've been looking but all I could find was either the old model crown Vic or the new one in die cast 1/24 :-\

No Ford Interceptor, at least not yet, and to be honest, I don't see one being done in kit form, unless maybe Revell does one in a snap kit. (They did an Impala Police car about 5 or so years back that was a Snap kit)

If they can't get more life out of a set of molds than one particular kit, then it just isn't worth laying out the cash to cut molds and pay for licensing (because of course Ford would want a piece of the pie, because it is their car).

For modern police cars, pretty much the old Crown Vic and the newer Dodge Charger, both by Lindberg are the only ones out there (Mustang as well that came out a couple of months back, but it is a mid-80's car), and a Ford Expedition by Revell, but again a Snap kit.

As far as the Ferret goes. Accurate Armor makes one (or a couple) in 1/35. I have one here in my stash. Beware though. 100% resin, and not cheap.

modelsinc1967 said:
You could scratch build, would take a lot of work but could be done. thats a cool car....

I've been thinking about it, believe me. Watching your Aztec pick-up take shape has filled my head with ideas.

215760_10150228394101995_1198749_n.jpg

my beloved car! 8) 8) 8)

Personally, I'd want this one here:
The Stingray prototype they used in Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
KC_Auto_Show___Sideswipe_by_TaintedTamer.png

Quaralane said:
Personally, I'd want this one here:
The Stingray prototype they used in Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen
KC_Auto_Show___Sideswipe_by_TaintedTamer.png
Gets a vote from me as well! ;D

Latest posts

Back