Capt'n Jack ...wip

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Here's another little figure Im working on at the minute .Its a 54mm from Andreas Miniatures ,cast in metal it depicts Jack Sparrow .Im trying to get this done for a show next month too !!

jacky004-1.jpg

He comes complete with a mast /sail to stand on ,which I've mounted on a marble plinth .

jack2004.jpg

I want to have this finished in a few days ,so more pics soon .

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

OK, now I see the base! Great work Chris, loong for the final ;D

That's a really nice figure and it its coming-out really well. Show us more photos soon. :)
Cheers.
P.S. I also have him lying around my work shop somewhere will need to get around to finish him someday.

Thanks guys ,maybe have a few more pics tonight ,we'll see how I get on !

Chris.

Ok ...A few more pics ;D Most of the base work is done ,still some work needed tho' Im using washes to create the water effect and its still to be darkened a bit further yet .

base1002-1.jpg

base1004-1.jpg

I'll have a lot of this one cleared up tomorrow ;D

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks fella's ..should be finished in the next update ;D

Chris.

He`s lookin` tickety boo me `ol mucker, really lovely work on Mr Sparrow and the wood work looks first rate mate ;D

`Boots`

G'Day Chris,

Have you looked at using a Gel Medium for the water effect ?

I have yet to try it myself, however Sleepy Lafiel on Youtube has a video (Z'Gok with Diorama) where they used Gel Medium and acrylic paints to create water effects over a molded base.

Looking at your base, I think a Gel Medium might help create some depth to the water.

Excellent for mate - keep it up.

Thanks

cheers
Mark

cobraleader said:
G'Day Chris,

Have you looked at using a Gel Medium for the water effect ?

I have yet to try it myself, however Sleepy Lafiel on Youtube has a video (Z'Gok with Diorama) where they used Gel Medium and acrylic paints to create water effects over a molded base.

Looking at your base, I think a Gel Medium might help create some depth to the water.

Excellent for mate - keep it up.

Thanks

cheers
Mark
I used Gel Denso on 2 of my models and it works fantastically. Worth having around especially as you can add some paint and make it transparent but with some color.
Regards

Thanks a lot fella's ,hopefully have the last update on this one tomorrow ,I've just been a bit busy this week and not got much done :(.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back