Camo netting

hook1169

"220 221 Whatever it takes" - Mr. Mom , M. Keaton
Hi all, I am looking to make some Camo netting to put on and around the barrel and front armor plate of my Pak 40 . I tried to use a piece of my daughters old leggings/tight thingys but didn't work out like i wanted. I am looking for something that will show obvious 'hole' in the material that I can insert shrubs and twigs into to make it look a bit more real. I am thinking I might try with a piece of window screen material, if i can find some without cutting it off of my house :) .

Any ideas or advice is appreciated.

hi,

for my Kanonenjagdpanzer build i used medical gauze for camo netting with a sprinkle of parsley for leaves, the result is here: http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,5858.msg94497.html#msg94497

basically i used diluted white glue to form to gauze around the barrel and while the glue was wet, sprinkled dried parsley (or similarly sized leaves) for leaves, and painted with NATO green when dried. then for weathering i used some pigments

the medical gauze was something like this:
oasisjimmystone_GauzeBandage.jpg

you should be able to stretch it a bit and open up holes in it. i believe window screen material may be a little too stiff

hope this helps!

Thanks so much. This will work perfect, I can't believe i did not think of this.

Thanks again.

I've used cheesecloth and it seems to work pretty well. It's very similar to the medical gauze. Just be sure its the square texture and not diamond or other shape.

Cheesecloth01.jpg

Kanonenwagen3Frt01

FerdinandDTopFrt02.jpg

PantherFrt05.jpg

Yep, cheesecloth works fine, learned that one from Shep Paine's "Tips". Old school!

Latest posts

Back