Bruder conversions toy transformations Front loader & Compactor

tiking

Here are some conversions I did with a couple of children toys. I like to try different type of modellings and this type of 1/16 scale is no exceptions:

I decided to add a separate thread for the Bruder front loader I converted. The basis for the model is a 1/32 toy-like remote control from NewRay. Naturally, there were many mistakes and inaccuracies on this vehicle when I bought it. Quite understandable as it wasn't meant to be a a collectible item but merely a simple toy for kids around the age of 5-7 years of age. My interest was to build a wheel loader after seeing Mig's version but didn't want to spend the amount they were asking for the model(yes, I know...cheap person )

Anyhow, I wasn't too fond of the look of Mig's version, as I wanted something more heavy-looking. Since there weren't anything in kit form, especially in 1/35 scale, I decided to look at other alternatives. So I was out grocery shopping and spotted this toy-like wheel loader. I stopped and looked at it and my mind started as usual sketching out the design aspects. I noticed it was not much of a model with not detailing what-so-ever, and a remote control toy at that. So I forgot about it, although I took noticed of the name of this particular model brand and decided I'll do a search on the net, just for the hell of it.

Doing an INTERNET search for this particular vehicle brand version I noticed I would have to do an extreme modification of the toy wheel loader if I wanted a nice representation of the real wheel loader. So after many days of contemplation and preparation I decided to buy the toy and go to work on it. Like I mentioned before, I did a reasonable amount of re-construction and refurbishing to get it to look like a descent enough model to be displayed. I had to remove all the remote devices and spokes motors and what-nots from within the toy loader. All sealed-up
openings had to be cut out as well as other areas had to be cut out like on the real vehicle. Some parts were removed and new scratch built pieces were used in it's place. It was a good bit of work but the results was all worth it.
All grab-irons, hydraulic hoses, pipings, antennae, wipers, support window braces, hinges, side view mirrors support braces, air intake, step grills, mud guards, rear view mirror and a drag hook were all scratch built.

Since I wanted a military version look I decided to paint it green and added all the necessary details like the strobe light and antennae. I think the end result really stands out than the original toy-like wheel loader. Now, this particular model is the L220E Wheel Loader manufacture by Volvo. I personally have no idea if this particular model exist in military colors but regardless if one exist or not, it does look good wearing the military color scheme, for sure.

This is the 1/32 scale Volvo L220E Wheel loader. Took me 6 days to get the results you see in the pics.

Before pics:

originall220e.jpg

After pics:

wl3.jpg

wl6.jpg

l220ewheelloader6.jpg

l220ewheelloader8.jpg

Now this trip it is a 1/16 scale Caterpillar Roller CB224E from Bruder. Some scratch building nd additions of small details make this boring commercial toy a little more than just a toy. I think pics say a thousand words. Enjoy:

Before:

cat_before_pics5.jpg

cat_before_pics4.jpg

cat_before_pics3.jpg

cat_before_pics2.jpg

cat_before_pics.jpg

After:

Cat_Roller_final4.jpg

Cat_Roller_final3.jpg

Cat_Roller_final2.jpg

Cat_Roller_final.jpg

CAT_roller8.jpg

CAT_roller7.jpg

CAT_roller6.jpg

CAT_roller5-1.jpg

CAT_roller4-1.jpg

CAT_roller2-1.jpg

WONDERFUL !

The kind of conversion I like a lot !

Thanks for sharing this marvellous work with us :D

How did I miss this?!?!

Very cool work. Love the weathering on the roller, great chipped and bubbling paint.

Excellent stuff.
One comment though, you really need a couple of empty plastic drink bottles squashed into any place you can find after the operator (driver) has finished drinking them...

Awesome lookin. I especially luv the front end loader 8) 8)

Beauty Tiking. Now does you wife approve of you raiding the kids toy box? Lol...... Love it Bro, excellent work!

Cheers, Ski.

stretch said:
Excellent stuff.
One comment though, you really need a couple of empty plastic drink bottles squashed into any place you can find after the operator (driver) has finished drinking them...

Great tip. Thanks for it. Thanks to all.

Latest posts

Back