Black Rat

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Im just starting a new project ,So I thought I'd share it with you from the start .
This Rat is based on Revells 31 Ford model 'A' Sedan ,but is getting a lot of work , I had initially chopped the roof for another project which was sidelined ,so Its had a further chop to build the Black Rat .

This is what Im aiming for ....
ebay-rats-ford-tudor-002-01.jpg

The body started like this ...
boots004.jpg

But after some cutting !!....
black001.jpg

It now looks like this...
black002.jpg

Im also using a chassis from a Ford 32 coupe ,which will get a lot of reworking ,So after cutting out the rear arches to fit the bigger wheels and tryes ,I've started mocking up to get the ride hieght and sit of the car sorted out . Here's how its looking at the moment.
black2003.jpg

black2002.jpg

Hope you'll join me for this one .

Thanks for lookin.

Chris.

Whoa! That is sick. This is gonna look killer man, seriously. Great job on the build so far.

Thanks fella's , you like that one huh ? lol Wait till ya see the inside ,it looks like the inside of a dustbin !! and the radiator is in the back seat !! lol

Chris.

A Ford Tudor is my dream rod. I have loved the look of a chopped Tudor since I was a little kid. I have built a couple models before but all have been destroyed in moving too many times or reclaimed. Will be watching this build closely.

Hi Roger, I kinda like them too ...

greeny003.jpg

greeny006.jpg

greeny001.jpg

Always try to keep a few in the stash .

Chris.

Thanks Quaralane, its one of those things you only get one chance to get right !!!

Chris.

Hi Rob.....you know what its like buddy ....you do a bit of 'multitasking ' yourself !!! ;D

Scott,thanks buddy ,For this one and the green one I've used Revells 31 Ford Model A Sedan ,nice kit ,but for this build most of it will go in the spares box !!

Chris.

A little more done on this one , working on the rear of the frame ..it needs a lot of modifying and scratching .
Still lots to do here just getting the sit of the car and the ride height sorted. The radiator also needs mounted at the back of the frame .

frame2001.jpg

frame2003.jpg

frame2002.jpg

More up tomorrow ,Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Stonkingly good work buddy, luuurve that one of the cab mounted on the chass.............not seen that piccy before!!, she`s coming along superb mate, i thought the 34 was excellent but i reckon this one might just top that........... ;)

`Boots`

Hey Ace ...you like the blowers huh !! ;D

Boots ,me ole mucker ...I thought you'd seen all the pics mate ,but glad ya like it matey .

Chris.

Righto ....bit more progress on the Blackie...

Most of the hard work has been done to the rearend ,flooring added and the radiator & hoses fitted ,both wheel tubs done too.
br4002.jpg

Moving up front ,most of this was scratched or modded . I bent up a drop tube axle and adapted the hubs from an old gasser front tube ,I used a set of spare four bars to mount the axle to the frame .
br4003.jpg

The main floorpan was scratched from litho plate ,i left it kinda rough looking ...like the real one !
br4005.jpg

And this is where its at ......
br4001.jpg

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Thanks Roger,Litho is real handy stuff and very easy to work with too.

Just to show you why I have the radiator stuck in the back ,Im modelling a real rat rod and here's inside the rear !!
ebay-rats-ford-tudor-002-07.jpg

Done a quick mock up too ,to check the fit .
br2001.jpg

br2003.jpg

I think its getting there ....just not sure where ??? lol

Chris.

Latest posts

Back