Black Knight Games Has LEDs!

bkgActual

Hey Guys!

I found a great deal on LEDs and now have them listed on the Black Knight Games online store. I know this is a shameless plug, but I think I have beat prices all over the web.

The LEDs are selling for about 56 cents each, but I am packaging them in lots of 10. I am including 10 120 ohm resistors in the pack. I have a wide variety of colors in both 3mm and 5mm flavors and even some straw-hats (90 deg. viewing angle).

Please check it out if you are in the market for LEDs. I am trying to get great deals that will save the community at least 10%, and would appreciate your patronage. The store went into cyber limbo while my wife was battling cancer, so it is in a bit of dissarray. She is doing very well now, so the funds I had to divert are going back into the store. It will take a bit of time, but hopefully there will be a decent amount of stock by next spring.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out. Here is the link: http://www.black-knight-games-online.com/shop/Category/17-electronics-and-lighting.aspx

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have random LEDs here in my spares box. How do I determine the power supply limits for these bulbs using my multi-meter?

thanks

Wow Ohm, I really don't know the answer to that, sorry. I would suspect that there would be some reference material on the web.

Bad Grendels is a possible source of information about this too. He is very knowledgeable about wiring and lighting models.

Sorry mate.

Ohm said:
I have random LEDs here in my spares box. How do I determine the power supply limits for these bulbs using my multi-meter?

thanks

I don't know if you can. I just tried to measure the resistance of an LED using my multi-meter. It will work, but without the spec sheet, the resistance doesn't mean a thing.

What I would do is try to run 2V through each one. Red, Yellow and Orange will light up, but Blue Green and white won't. If you try any higher than that, you run the risk of burning out the Red, Yellow and Orange ones.

You can also find a lot of information about LED's here:

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/led.htm

Latest posts

Back