Black Hawk Down

7165jay07

Hi guy's
I am working on building a couple of dioramas based on the Movie/Book Black Hawk Down.
I have some reference pics of the Hmmwv's used but only one poor shot of the truck. I believe it should have been an M35 as it is refered to a duece and a half, but i can't seem to find any actual proof? when i look at the still from the movie and pause the BlueRay it appears that the trucks have a tarp pulled over the load bed and not the proper supported tarp (not sure of the proper terminology) that i see on the pictures when i search.
Does anyone have more info or better pictures or can advise.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
Jay :)

Man I tried to help you out by looking in an Army history book and online and I cannot find anything either. I did google the M35 military truck and found some pictures from the movie as well. the picture I found was only of the front but it did look like a M35. I seen those trucks when I was in the army and the picture looked really like the ones I seen. I say just go with the M35 and and detail it the best you can. It will look good either way.

the troop carriers used were M-35's they were the ones used in Mogadishu.

Thanks guy's for the input, it's much appreciated. I will go with the M35 but keep searching for better reference pic's of the actual trucks used though as i'm not sure of the load area and what it should actuallt look like.
Cheers :) Jay

Jay if you are talking about the U.S. convoy it consisted of 12 armoured Humvee's and 3 M35's the armoured vehicles APC's etc were from other nations. Hope this helps

Hi Arohk, Yeah i got the convoy set up, the third hmmwv in the convoy was actually a M998 cargo version driven but a Navy Seal, i have read his acount of the battle and it details the convoy pretty well. :) thanks again.
Jay

Latest posts

Back