Bianca - Axis Construction Worker

TRM

Hello guys!!!

Here we go again. I have a great little figurine I picked up at the last show and just got done with a nice review of it....HERE, please check it out if you get a chance!!

From the title, her name is Bianca. She is one of the Axis character in Paolo Parente's Dust Series.

Let's get started on this build.

A quick look at the kit...

3-27-12Bianca004.jpg

3-27-12Bianca005.jpg

3-27-12Bianca030.jpg

3-27-12Bianca009.jpg

3-27-12Bianca010.jpg

3-27-12Bianca013.jpg

3-27-12Bianca015.jpg

3-27-12Bianca017.jpg

3-27-12Bianca019.jpg

OK, there is a good quick look at the kit. Any more information, please check out the review.

I did have a chance last night to start the build

3-27-12Bianca029.jpg

3-27-12Bianca033.jpg

I chose to use the extra arm without the wrench.

I needed to also think about how and where she was to be placed when done.

So, I grabbed a piece of Lightweight Concrete (LWIC). Basically Air entrained cement used in roofing....yeah, its light! LOL!!! A chunk of concrete this size might be 4 to 6 pounds, this weighs around 1 pound.

3-27-12Bianca028.jpg

The base will be needing some treatment, but I will get to that soon.

After I glued some parts together on the body, I wanted to shoot down a nice primer coat to see if there were any huge imperfections.

3-27-12Bianca040.jpg

My new Krome.....Sweet ride there!!

3-27-12Bianca049.jpg

3-27-12Bianca042.jpg

Head shot

3-27-12Bianca043.jpg

Once you get on a roll sometimes, you just need to, well, roll with it!!

A little flesh getting laid down.

3-28-12001.jpg

3-28-12005.jpg

After a little drying, I wanted to hit her with a quick wash to darken the nooks and crannies.

3-28-12011.jpg

3-28-12012.jpg

3-28-12014.jpg

3-28-12019.jpg

Once dry I can begin some highlights and work on some details.

Thanks for stopping by!! ;)

Thanks spud.."figured" I would spread the wealth and post her here too!!! ;)

That's a really interesting figure Todd and I like where you're going with it :)
Cheers

Hey, T. Those DUST figures and Walkers are sooooo COOL. Nice work. Like the economy of using track
wash for a flesk wash. Ingenious.
Looking forward to seeing the finish. Bill

Thanks Bis...sometimes its nice to do a little "hit and run" on these small projects!!!

Thanks Bill!!! I love the walker I saw...need to set aside some cash but I will be getting one in the near future. I was thinking it is pretty much the same as a burnt umber wash and it is exactly the same each time!!!

A little base work earlier....

Using the AB I began laying down various layers of AK Washes and such.

3-28-12022.jpg

By mixing a 50/50...

3-28-12023.jpg

Look at that, some more Track Wash.

3-28-12026.jpg

a quick sand for highlighting.

3-28-12029.jpg

3-28-12030.jpg

Next came 3 separate sprays to add some more depth.

3-28-12032.jpg

3-28-12034.jpg

I spent the night at my daughter performance of "Fiddler on the Roof" , so with any luck I will get back to this tomorrow!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! ;)

TRM ,

Woah ! Cool lookin figure !! I like a Girl that can Handle a Jack Hammer ! Great detail through out .... Is she Smugglin' Peas in that Tank Top ? :eek:

Great Idea for th figure base ! Superb job on th weathering of it !!

\m/

Nice to see this one here Bro .....Looking good too. I like what you've done with the base ,thats very effective . Looks like real concrete ;D

Chris.

Thank Lucasz! Sometimes we get lucky and get to use the things we find lying around!

Thanks Erik,,,Dude! Yeah something about a woman that can kick your a$$!! LOL!! I am partial to corn myself, but peas are fine just the same brotha'!!

Thanks Chris!! Glad to have you along for the ride...if anything, to keep me from screwing this up too bad!! ;D

LOL....It was 80 degrees F a couple of weeks ago...snowing this morning....gotta love New England!! :p

In keeping this moving I broke out some acrylics. Some like to paint figs in acrylics, some in oils....I mix!! I have some decent bases down at the moment and will begin to tackle some oil on this real soon!!!

BBRAVO3-30-12034.jpg

BBRAVO3-30-12032.jpg

Thinking I will get a moment or two tonight to work on some eyes and highlights.

Thanks for tuning in!!!

Tidy work T :) ...yip ,thats the way I go ,base with acrylic then oils ;)

Chris.

LOL...thanks Chris!! Good to know I am on the right track then....there might be hope still yet!! ;)

Thanks Q!!! Glad to have you stop by!! Trying to get a little more done on her today!! ;)

Hi T

really like the Dust stuff, have to give one of their sets a go sometime,

real sweet figure....you can tell she was sculpted by a man hahahahahaha :p

very nice paintwork so far buddy,

looking forward to seeing it all come together

cheer,

shane.

Latest posts

Back