Berlin 1945

chriss67

Hi There....I've been working on&off on this dio for awhile now and hope to see some progress as I"ve cleared the bench is the only thing on it....I swear((LOL)) I hope to capture the final days of Berlin as it decayed in epic ,yet futile defense.....Thanks for looking,and hints,tips&comments always welcome.
SANY0451.jpg
SANY0450.jpg
SANY0667.jpgthe shell for the ruined train stationSANY0675.jpgSANY0674.jpgSANY0676.jpgscratch built block signal made from Evergreen rod&the base carved from pink foam

Had some benchtime last night and started work on the facade.The tan blocks are 1/8"foam and set in place with woodglue,now it's on to the pillars&arches.....tips,hints,comments always welcome :)
SANY0678.jpg

looking real nice and very convincing love the bomb damaged building and the scratch built traffic light especially the base its got the weathered concrete look about it keep up the good work and keep getting the pictures up looking forward to seein more

geegad

Fantstic work as always Chris ...Looking excellent mate . Nice to see it appear here too :)

Chris.

Geegad.....Thank you very much!....BTW "Do you have a license to pedal that minky"...((LOL)) I love Peter Sellers

Mr.Spalding.......Thanks pal......I think I can push myself to see this one thru.....he said with a grin((LOL))

Cheers chris happy to see a fan of the minky...I will return when the case is solv'ed

Geegad'warr

Thanks fellas!......update inbound
Did some work on the archways today.......
SANY0682.jpg
SANY0683.jpg
SANY0684.jpgnow that the archways are complete it's on to the stonework&base....Thanks for looking :)

Looking good. The ruins definitely convey the atmosphere of hopelessness. I especially like the arch-way
details. Using a figure's head as a scupture detail for the arch key-stone is really clever. Keep plugging away,
the finished dio is going to look great.
Bill

Latest posts

Back