batmobile 60's styel

Tron82

so i have the batmobile from the 60's what would be the best way to do the red stripe on the car? because i whant to paint it on

Hi Tron. Basically two ways to go on this stripe. You could lay in the red/orange for the stripe in the general area, cut some nice masks out of Tamiya tape, place them on the car where you want the stripe to show through then have at it with the black. Second option would be to spray up the car black, then mask off the outline of the stripes and lay in the red/orange. With the second option, you'll have to watch the overspray doesn't get on the black...May need to mask the whole car depending on what you use to paint the stripe. Personally, I would go for option one. Hope this helps a bit! ;)

If you use option 2, lay down a layer of white first or you may have to do 28 coats of red/orange to get it to show properly over the black.

Also, regardless of which way you do it, when you've got it done, immediately hit the car with clear coat so that you don't damage your masking edges later on during construction.

Latest posts

Back