Bandi gets star wars license!

Grendels

This is major news for the Star Wars modeler:

http://news.toyark.com/2014/06/12/bandai-japan-gets-star-wars-license-126734

And this is a photo from the Tokyo toy show:

10402559_10152640288083072_6132037889655675484_n.jpg

I was really disappointed at first hearing that Bandai had taken over from Fine Molds but this looks promising.....

......hmmm,....Bandai look like an improvement on the Revell kits.....(I wonder how they stand at the minute?)....but I'm sad to hear of the FM loss of the licence, they are top notch kits

......I wonder if Bandai have plans for a larger Falcon kit?.......*ducks*

J

Bandi makes very nice kits, so I doubt that the quality will drop.

Go get yourself a RG gundam kit and put it together. You will see what I mean, their designers are top notch and they have molding technology that most of the others don't have.

But the variety of kits will take a hit for a while at least.

I do hope they produce a star destroyer like the one in the photo, the press release I read stated it wasn't on the list to be produced yet. But they might, they are not afraid of large kits.

I don't think this will affect Revell, I suspect that Bandi only has the license for Japan, and not the entire world.

To me they look a little "toyish".
But whatever it is, if Bandai will make them, expect them to be expensive! (especially the larger scale kits).

they look pretty cool I would like to see a Y-Wing in a 1/48 or 1/32 that isn't resin I have a few of the F-Toy ones they are accually pretty cool as well.

They do such a great job w things like gundam and space battleship yamoto that I'm sure they will be able to please both ends of the detail and price ranges demanded by all hobbyists.

anyone have any more info on this ?

i thought I read somewhere, that FineMolds has until the end of the year to cease production - can't find it right now.

I wonder if FineMolds would be doing a final batch of all kits before the end of the year???
I notice the HLJ has alot on back order. Millennium Falcon is marked as discontinued - pitty, was just about to purchase it...

oh well, here's hoping they produce a stack of kits ...

I just noticed HLJ has gotten rid of any of their "back-ordered" Fine Molds Star Wars kits. Are they quickly disappearing?

They sometimes change to order stop if they sell their pre order allocation. But once it goes discontinued it basically means they can no longer get those kits.

Ok, so a couple of interesting emails overnight
First, more info on the Bandai releases.
http://www.hobbylink.tv/the-star-wars-invasion-of-bandai-commences

and an email from HLJ following my email asking about more Fine Mold kits being released.

As far as we know, Bandai will have license for all the StarWars model kits, so FineMolds will not be able to sell their kits from 2015.
There is a rumor that FineMolds will reissue their StarWars kits one more time in 2014.

That is good news! I want a few more of them before they become so pricy I would have to sell a house to buy one.....

Latest posts

Back