auction block

Jimi

hi all,

this is one of those kits that i stuck back in the box and left it for a year before getting back to it. she's a 1:6 scale female figure which i got from resin realities.

ablock11.jpg

Your painting looks really cool jimi, I would love that kinda skill for figures

Thats a bit ...different :) ..Nice painting .

Chris.

i mostly do sci-fi ships and occasionally figures.... now and again i go mad and do some military things.... this kit is something that got put on the back burner for a while and now i have forced myself to finish it.

Quaralane said:
Would love to see more pics of her.

i'm off sick at the moment but i did manage to take a few shots, sorry they are not the greatest but i'm not that great at the moment either lol

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Hi, Jimi, I love the job you've done on her face, and the skin tones all over her body, really excellent! What media are you using, and how are you applying them, eg, are you using acrylics, oils, enamels, or a combination, and are you brushing by hand or with an airbrush?

Really well done!

the Baron said:
Hi, Jimi, I love the job you've done on her face, and the skin tones all over her body, really excellent! What media are you using, and how are you applying them, eg, are you using acrylics, oils, enamels, or a combination, and are you brushing by hand or with an airbrush?

Really well done!

the fleshtones were airbrushed on. i used artist acrylics and made my own flesh paint using burnt sienna and burnt umber mixed with titanium white, these were thinned using tamiya thinners.

i used oil paints for the eyes, lips, fingernails and toenails once i had sealed the kit with some games workshop purity seal.

the clothing and hair were hand painted tamiya acrylic paints. i used nato brown for the hair and flat white for the clothing, i then used a glaze over the hair and clothing to tone down those colours and add some depth to them using oil paints.

hope this helps

Yes, thanks very much! I find it interesting to hear how each painter approaches his piece, and I always learn something in the explanation ;)

Wow........ I didn't recognise her with hair on ;)

Regards,

Craig

Latest posts

Back