Astronaut in 1/20 scale

Blitzspear

Hi all, here is my scratch err sculpted astronaut done in Super sculpy. Its still in progress and has got pushed down the todo list by other things. Its going to be part of a Ma.K space dio eventually and he's going to be hanging in space outside a ships hatch whilst a Fireball is stepping out.

024.jpg

More pics here on my blog thingy.
http://blitzspearslab.blogspot.com/

Thanks for taking a look

blitz

Some awesome work there mate, great detail and proportions. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

It seems you are having a few troubles with camera focus. Could I possibly offer some tips? I'm sure we all want to see better pics of your amazing work! ;)

Chas

Yep sorry was a bit gak handed that day with the ol digi camera, must sit down one day and read the little booklet that came with it :D
I'll try to take some more pics tonight (if i can find him in the mess) with my little stand thingy. Glad you think the proportions are ok i was worried about that, trying to get the bulkyness of the space suit but not getting him too fat.
I think i'm getting better at the proportions now i'm on my 5th one This was number 2 if i count the one i burnt to a cinder as number 1. I'm using the tamiya pit crew as a guide for the scale but have since found that they may be a bit small which may be true as the only F1 pit crew i know is a short arse or that may be just Williams recruit short mechanics ;D

Blitz

He's got some paint on him now but this has shown up a Lot of areas that need work but am going to push on with him so he is finished by the time i start the dio.

http://blitzspearslab.blogspot.com/2009/05/120-astronaut-part-2-or-is-it-3.html pics here.

Hope ya all like, and yes he is a bit Fugly looking and no he's not a goth ;D

blitz

Wicked! Mega-respect to you, for sculpting from the ground up. What sort of visor will you use, so as not to hide his face?

If I could offer any criticism, it would only be that he looks a little pop-eyed. Of course, he could be looking into the star gate for the first time, like Dave Poole in "2001" ;)

But my hat is off to you! I'm trying to teach myself to sculpt, and I appreciate the effort that goes into it.

Thanks guys, I should have said about his face and the heavy paint job as I was thinking it would be better to see him when the visor go's on but yes it will need toning down a bit. As far as the visor is concerned I'm thinking to use some blister pack plastic that i can heat up and form to shape but will have to experiment first.

Hi Baron glad you like him and thanks for the feedback, what sort of size figures are you doing keeping to the metal soldier size or bigger?

blitz

It has it's good sides and bad sides, the best thing about it is you can put it down and forget about it then come back to it and resculpt stuff that don't work after seeing it with fresh eyes. Got to get back to my sculpting again soon b4 i forget what i was trying to produce :D

blitz

super sculpey is awesome stuff in dead. have yu tried the super sculpey firm? its nice. I dig it...Nice astronaut by the way. ;D

Blitzspear said:
Thanks guys, I should have said about his face and the heavy paint job as I was thinking it would be better to see him when the visor go's on but yes it will need toning down a bit. As far as the visor is concerned I'm thinking to use some blister pack plastic that i can heat up and form to shape but will have to experiment first.

Hi Baron glad you like him and thanks for the feedback, what sort of size figures are you doing keeping to the metal soldier size or bigger?

blitz

Hi, Blitz, sorry for getting back so late to this thread, I'm working in 54mm. With an Optivisor, it's not so bad :D

Latest posts

Back