Are you interested in miniatures wargaming?

Kiwi

Hi everyone.

Aside from scale modeling and model railroading, I am also interested in learning more about ww2 miniatures wargaming. A few years ago, I have played a game of Axis & Allies who was instructed me what to do but I have not played since.

Instead of the 15mm produced for Flames of War, I plan to find some 6mm miniatures. It will be a lot cheaper and will allow me to play on bigger landscapes and terrains.

Are there some people here interested in playing ww2 miniatures wargaming? Or it can be any other era, not just ww2. I just want to learn and share what I learn with other like-minded people.

I'm not sure what 6 mm translates to scale wise, but as for common scales, 1/144 might be good. I believe the Flames of War stuff is around 1/100 scale or so

1/144 would be smaller as well as I think would have a lot of stuff available. Just doing a quick search I see soldiers, tanks, and aircraft at that scale

Local gaming stores are a good place to find groups and learn from others

I'm not sure what 6 mm translates to scale wise, but as for common scales, 1/144 might be good. I believe the Flames of War stuff is around 1/100 scale or so

1/144 would be smaller as well as I think would have a lot of stuff available. Just doing a quick search I see soldiers, tanks, and aircraft at that scale
6mm is the equivalent of 1: 285.

I know two companies that sell 6mm miniatures. One from Canada and the other one from USA. I am sure there are a lot more but for shipping price ... I think I will concentrate on canadian and american companies.

The canadian company is Legions IV Hire. The american company is GHQ.

Latest posts

Back