An old Swallow turns alive

Bullardino

I found in my hobby room this old kit:

img1302yr.jpg

I always wanted to build a Schwalbe, and the kit has nice details in it. A gun bay and a jumo 004 ready to be shown, although the cockpit is a little disappointing.

I decided to build it OOB, just to see how much I can improve its appearance using only painting and weathering techniques.

The first thing you see opening this kit is green. Yes, it is moulded in dark green styrene

img1308h.jpg

and this will require a lot of my grey Tamya primer to make it ready for painting.

I started building the cockpit
img1305a.jpg

and the gun bay
img1307t.jpg

I gave all the interior details some grey primer and I let it cure.

Next task will be painting all the interior details.

Hope you all will like it.

Want to get my hands on one of these. It's among my favorite WWII planes.

Looks like you have a good start on the build here

Very interesting "Blitzbomber" Version. Looking forward to see her ready for takeoff :)

Looking good, can't wait to see her finished! :)
PS: Are you going with gear up or down, or transitioning?

qscaxz said:
Looking good, can't wait to see her finished! :)
PS: Are you going with gear up or down, or transitioning?

Gear down, cannon inspection panel open, engine cowl open, to let some detail show off for me ;)

amateurmodeler said:
ah, I remember building this as a kid.

Do you remember any particular issue I should be aware of? Looks like an easy build, but maybe there's something tricky I cannot spot.

I'm looking forward to this build Bullardino. When do we get the next installment?
cheers,
FW190

FW190A-8 said:
I'm looking forward to this build Bullardino. When do we get the next installment?
cheers,
FW190

I hope to be able to get back to building today. I had to switch to furniture building for my daughter's room ;)

Looking forward to seeing this bird come alive. I too have this old kit somewhere in the basement, along with the 1/32 ME 110.

scratchmod

Do you remember any particular issue I should be aware of? Looks like an easy build, but maybe there's something tricky I cannot spot.
[/quote]

Hmmm, I do seem to recall it went together fairly well. But I built it over ten years ago. I think I put some weight in the nose so it wouldn't sit on it's tail.

Hi all, I,ve been so busy last couple of weeks that I made no headway. BTW I decided to improve the appearance of the cockpit and I bought Mike Grant's instruments and an Airwaves PE kit. I'm waiting fot the PE to be delivered to restart building.

I found out, also, that I'm getting old, so I had to order a headband magnifier as I'm becoming unable to focus on small details (sigh).

I hope to be able to post some photos in the next two weeks, if italian mail will be so kind to deliver me the PE.

Thanks for your patience ;)

Sorry for being such a slow builder, but I had a lot of things to do.

Here you are a couple of instalments:

5660282957_e316afef91_z.jpg

I finished and painted the cockpit, adding the nice PE set made by aerowaves and PE harness from Eduard.

5662589272_dd54d3a503_z.jpg

I also finished and painted the jumo 004 that will show up from the inspection panel. Unfortunately most of the engine will be hidden.

5662596118_8481f0685d_z.jpg

And also the cannon bay is ready to be installed. I added some wiring that was missing from the original kit.

Hope you like it...

Latest posts

Back