An exercise in painting black...German WWII Officer

Highlander242

Here is a 54 mm metal kit of a German officer that I did a few years back. I had to try and get a black cloth feel and then a leather feel for the coat. This figure was painted all with acrylics. What I did do different with this kit is to prime it in black. This helped for those deep areas that might have shown grey if I had missed any deep spots.

Thanks for looking,

Joe

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

Awesome job Joe.

You really succeeded in get the feel of the different materials, how did you manage that? Was it the use of different varnishes?

Fantastic job, for me that i start painting figures was nice to see a SBS with colours references 8)

Nice job! I think you succeeded in your goal to achieve differences in look between cloth and leather, and in obtaining the shades of black.

I've settled on using Tamiya's NATO Black for applications like this. It's a dark charcoal gray, and I think it looks like black in scale. I also use it for aircraft tires, for the same reason.

Quaralane said:
...Looks a lot like Rutger Hauer

He does, a bit, at that. I could see using this figure to portray Hauer as Xavi in "Fatherland".

Latest posts

Back