AMT 1/25 White Freightshaker

Thanks Scott and John!!

Scott, this kit is a little crude compared to what I am used to now. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not, it's just taking me a little more mojo to get into it. There is gonna be a lot of work ahead to prep some ill fitting parts. 8) ;D

Well I wasn't gonna bring that up but...

Yeah, that cab is a test man. I know you can do it, but it's gonna take work. Frame looks good, lots of parts though. It's a Monster of a kit. The finish can do in a ton of directions. Rat, Hot Rod, Work, Military...

I like your color choices.

Thanks for the words of encouragement ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not sure what color I'm gonna paint it yet. But the plan is to paint the frame and engine with some chipping and grime ;D

Big-John said:
Thanks Scott and John!!

Scott, this kit is a little crude compared to what I am used to now. Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not, it's just taking me a little more mojo to get into it. There is gonna be a lot of work ahead to prep some ill fitting parts. 8) ;D

I know this feeling well, I went from a Tamiya car kit to an old MPC kit and was shocked. The parts were not numbered on the MPC kit, you just had to find them based upon the directions...

I built up a lot of these trucks when I was younger, my dad worked for a truck line and loved making models of them. Getting those parts to fit right is part of the fun. Don't think of it as a challenge but as a puzzle to solve....

Alclad and Tamiya paints, this is taking a turn for the good, two of my favorite paint brands!

Grendels said:
Big-John said:
Thanks Scott and John!!

I know this feeling well, I went from a Tamiya car kit to an old MPC kit and was shocked. The parts were not numbered on the MPC kit, you just had to find them based upon the directions...

I built up a lot of these trucks when I was younger, my dad worked for a truck line and loved making models of them. Getting those parts to fit right is part of the fun. Don't think of it as a challenge but as a puzzle to solve....

Alclad and Tamiya paints, this is taking a turn for the good, two of my favorite paint brands!

Thanks John,

Yeah, I built a few of these trucks when I was a kid, but that's been about 35 years or so!

This will be my first attempt with the Alclad paints, I've been reading up on how to use them.

I'm still not sure how and what colors I'll paint it yet, but here is some inspiration from a truck I worked on today.

IMG_7436_zpsfa63f51c.jpg

Alclad is easy to use. A real treat. But the chrome I find very tricky. The over metallic colours are beautiful to airbrush.

noname said:
Alclad is easy to use. A real treat. But the chrome I find very tricky. The over metallic colours are beautiful to airbrush.

Thanks, I have Polished Aluminum, Aluminum, and Stainless steel.

A couple of quick tests and you'll be fine. Lower your pressure a bit, follow what they say on the alclad site. It werks real good does it.

That it does, very easy to work with. The only one that is tricky is the chrome. I love their clear coats. Best I have ever used.

It saddens me to report that this project is not going to happen............at least not for the Big Spring Contest.

This is a really crude kit, I guess it really shows it's age. I ran into fit problems early on in the build, and as I kept going, the fit problems just kept piling up. It's just overwhelming for a 3 month build. I do have some ideas to try and save it, just not enough time for the contest. I paid the entry fee anyway since I started a thread on it. Think of it as a donation. ;D

Well that is a bummer to hear. Any way to salvage the build, perhaps as a diorama or wreck or post apocalyptic truck?

Latest posts

Back