All open contest entry. Uschi´s "Last ditch effort" TAM He-162a 1/48

Hey Guyz!

This is a entry for the all-open category.
The model was completed in Autumn 2010.

Some words to the aircraft:

The Heinkel He 162 (also called "Volksjaeger" "people´s hunter") was a German fighter plane of shoulder wing design. While the term may sound like it was designed to hunt people, in the actual German usage of the term, it translates to being a national effort in being built by the people. It was developed in a short time towards the end of World War II as part of the so-called "Jaegernotprogramm" (Fighter aircraft emergency program). After the awarding of the contract to Heinkel, it was only 69 days later for the first flight at Vienna-Schwechat in Austria. Because the raw material situation was declining, the Third Reich pursued the use of wood as a substitute for metal, wherever possible. This also brought momentous problems and teething troubles with it, which resulted in the death of test pilot Peter Gotthold. Im-properly glued wing components had been identified as a cause of accidents. The "Spatz"(Sparrow) as it was also known, had a speed limit of 600km/h imposed. 200km/h less than was being achieved as part of the testing.
The He-162 already had an ejectable cab roof plus ejection seat. The pilot would be able to eject in the event of failure of the BMW 003 jet engine or a material error. The arma-ment consisted of 2x MG 151/20 with 120 rounds per cali-ber 20mm. The main application was to fight the Allied bomber streams over Germany. The He-162 had two uncon-firmed victories in April and May 1945. Not more than a last and desperate attempt ....
A last ditch effort.

He_Cover_white_outlined-vi.jpg

I discovered some pics, showing the plane from two sides:
UnbenanntMedium-vi.jpg

Unbenannt1SmallMedium-vi.jpg

He16201px800-vi.jpg

Color_profile1-vi.jpg

By courtesy of Thierry Dekker

And this is my interpretation of it:

MF162_45-vi.jpg

MF162_46-vi.jpg

MF162_47-vi.jpg

MF162_49-vi.jpg

MF162_50-vi.jpg

MF162_51-vi.jpg

MF162_52-vi.jpg

MF162_53-vi.jpg

MF162_55-vi.jpg

MF162_56-vi.jpg

DSC03162Medium-vi.jpg

DSC03164Medium-vi.jpg

DSC03165Medium-vi.jpg

DSC03167Medium-vi.jpg

DSC03178Medium-vi.jpg

BWMedium-vi.jpg

I hope you like it.
Any questions or suggestions...let me know.

best
LX ;)

And another masterpiec you did. I just love how the metal parts turned out.
Cheers

Thanks so much for the friendly comments, guys!
I hope you find it to be entertaining.
If so, my mission with this project is accomplished already. :)
Very best regards from a hot summer in Germany with temps
in the upper 80´s °F!

Thank you! ;)

hey U.v.d.R,

That's a crazy build man! What scale is that?

Latest posts

Back