Al Swearengin Bust

elend said:
Haha wow. Great one! But... who is he? ???

Well, the bust is the likeness of the actor Ian McShane, who played Al on the HBO series Deadwood. And the series was based on real life Deadwood.

;D

Did you sculpt the bust as well ??!! :eek:

The painting is top notch. I am a newb at figures and envy you for your ability!

jetjock said:
Did you sculpt the bust as well ??!! :eek:

The painting is top notch. I am a newb at figures and envy you for your ability!

I wish, but no...just painted it. Used an old Verlinden technique where you spray paint it Tamiya Dark Yellow. Then, using oil paint, mix up a reddish brown mix and paint it all over the flesh colored bits. Take a clean, wide brush and brush it off leaving the dark paint in the cracks and such. Then mix a flesh tone and add it, lighten it and add it again until your done. And since it was oil paint, you can spread this out for a few days.

Here it is after the brown was brushed off...was almost tempted to leave it as it looked like a nice wood tone..

cs3.jpg

And here it is with most of the painting done, just needed to let it dry to add details...

cs4.jpg

;D

Yep a great series, a great character and a great paint job.

PS
For those who haven't seen the series it's definitely a R rated series, very realistic and gritty with No BS. I loved it.

Latest posts

Back