airfix 1/48 mig 17f

thestickyone

my first attempt at jet aircraft .nice model to put together could do with more experiance with the airbrushing .
just started a 1/48 fj-4b fury

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey sticky, thats a great looking Mig! What type of paint did you use for the natural metal? If I may offer a tip, using a wash in the panel lines will make the model pop. You can use black or a dark gray if you don't want too much contrast. Make sure you use paint that different from what you used on the model, if you sprayed with acrylic use enamel for the wash, or vise versa. Also you'll want to gloss coat over the decals so the wash doesn't stain the decal. Keep em comin!

thanks for the comment and the tip modelfreak . was thinking about trying a wash but am uncertain on the effects and havent got alot of experiance with washes but i suppose you only learn by trying.
the paint i used for the metal look was tamiya x-11 chrome silver 50/50 with tamiya thinners

Nice looking little Mig Sticky :) As Pete said a nice panel line wash would really set it off ,just put an acrylic clear over it ,using enamel wash any excess can be removed with a brush damp with thinners ;) or you can do it the way I did on the Dauntless .

Chris.

Fantastic job on your Mig. I've always liked the look of those rugged early
Migs. Congrats! Bill

Latest posts

Back