AFV/Club M49A2C Fuel Tanker 1/35

whiskee

:) HEY Herd! This is going to be my first SMA event to participate in after being spectator for 6 months or so..SO i am very excited! The kit i will be building or shall i say FINISHING is a afv/club M49A2C Fuel Tanker in the 1/35 scale. When I told my dad about the upcoming group build and if he had any suggestions he told me about this model which he had started a few years back and never finished, and when he told me It was Tanker i could not turn it down. I am a pro truck driver myself and spent two years hauling tankers so this model has my name all over it! not to mention I am rescuing it from the shelf. Luckily for me dad knows what he is doing,so the progress so far is perfect. The kit itself is totally complete and he has the frame finished but there will still be plenty for me to do and take it to finished!

the kit:
wp000513.jpg

wp000512.jpg

wp000515h.jpg

wp000516.jpg

nice one whiskee your second pic is upside down i had to do a hand stamd to look at it :p. and isnt it a 1/35

Thanks buddy !! ;D I fixed it, the kit is 1/35 i just wrote 1/32 instead in the introduction i spent hours doing yard work today and i am tired! but i really wanted to get this up today since its the first day of the GB.

hehe no worries bud, ill have on of my kits monday im hoping both but we shall see

Nice ...are you going with the box art camo ?

Chris.

WHISKEE ,

Cool Truck !! I'm sure with 1st. hand experience you can add a few scratch details to it !!

I'm lookin forward to th build !!

Chris S said:
Nice ...are you going with the box art camo ?

Chris.
I would love to do the box art camo, but since I dont have an airbrush I am limited to solid color via spray can. I am going with the Desert storm paint scheme which is pretty much tan. Which is cool too.

Thats cool 8)...She'll still look good especially with a bit of beating up ;D

Chris.

Very cool Whiskee. This kit should make for an interesting build. Looking forward to see what you do with the tanker!

Looking good so far. That's a great kit. I built one several years back. Lots of detailing potential.

Doc

Latest posts

Back