AD&D Beholders

nnygamer

Reaction score
Over the years I've scratch built about 20 Beholders in various sizes. Last year a guy wanted to buy all that I could make but he stopped emailing me.
The smallest body I did was about 1/2" across while the biggest was around 4". All made from scrap and a few other material. The body material is Model Magic by Crayola, a sculptable air dry foam.
Photobucket with some of them, I have to find the pics I have posted elsewhere of them since the originals got lost when my one hard drive crashed this winter.
Beholder album

morpheus

Reaction score
Nice work, I remember the first addition of AD&D with all of the loopholes and flaws. This brings back memories.

nnygamer

Reaction score
I still have all my books from the early 80's for gaming, it's better then the latest incarnation(abomination), plus I like the old style beholder better then the new ones (only 8 eyestalks?) The biggest one I disd was for myself and am trying to sell the others I've made.

Ohm

dumpsters, divers and details
Reaction score
yeah, I have all of my old D&D stuff too. ;D

Ohm

dumpsters, divers and details
Reaction score
from TSR, AD&D Monster Manual

nnygamer

Reaction score
I remembered I had archived some pics from a while back, before my HD crashed and I lost a lot.
I have an original lead beholder, I had to replace all the eyestalks though since the originals were almost all missing. I used some solder put into holes and slightly heated on the end to round them over.
I alsmo uploaded a few more in the beholder album
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v732/nnyamer/Misc/Beholders/

morpheus

Reaction score
I have an original lead beholder, I had to replace all the eyestalks though since the originals were almost all missing

What company manufactured that? TSR? Citadel? Gosh, I must have missed that or someone was hording those bubble packed miniatures.

nnygamer

Reaction score
morpheus said:
What company manufactured that? TSR? Citadel? Gosh, I must have missed that or someone was hording those bubble packed miniatures.
I think it was an original TSR mini, it was given to me by a friend and I redid it. The body was 3 parts, eyestalks, base and a stiff wire to hold it up. I looked it up online but no luck.