70 Chevelle

Ronnie

Been awhile since I posted anything so I thought I would post what I have been working on, a 70 Chevelle from the Revell 3n1 kit. This is my 2nd car build since I started building and has alot of firsts for me. I molded the engine from the kit and poured it in resin which was a first ever for me, it has some flaws but overall it came out ok. But for now onto some pics

First off we have the resin cast engine and I couldn't find a set of headers I liked in the size I wanted, so I searched all over the house fo something to use and picked up some nails, and thought this is about the right size and the shiney would look good, well turns out they can be bent into a set of headers

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Then I got alil paint on the engine and ran my plug wires, which IMO for the build most of what you can buy was to small for what I wanted so I found some hobby wire and put some paint on them.

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Then I done some light washes on the engine to make it not show room perfect but looks like this car is actually drove and raced. Also added some collectors to the headers.

9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Then got some base coat paint on the chassis

13.jpg

Next I made an attempt at a tach but when I went to put my clear coat over the face it all went to heck. So I am going to redo the face somehow, Also I was around some junk cars and I took apart a speaker and found some tiny wire inside so I thought I could use that for something, it looked like a good size to make throttle return springs with!

14.jpg

Rear Slicks

15.jpg

Then I bent my exhaust out of some thin walled aluminum from hobby lobby. Next time I am going to use solid core though because even with the K&S benders it was a pain to work with, then once I get to the end I will use a piece of tubing to slide over to look like exhaust tips

16.jpg

Then I done alil more painting on the chassis and made it alil dirty under there. I also added a fuel line and still need to add a brake line.

17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

Well I hope you all have enjoyed so far still a long ways to go on this build!

So I been getting a little more done on the Chevelle

Made some throttle linkages

23.jpg

Got the body in primer and test fitting, I thought about leaving it this way but decided to go with orginal plan

24.jpg
25.jpg

Started on the under the hood wiring and made a ignition setup

21.jpg
22.jpg
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
31.jpg

Got the carpet put on

30.jpg

Well I got the car done. It is only my 2nd car model in my adult life so I have learned alot from this build. Should make my life easier next time and come out with even better looking models. Enjoy the pics!

110.jpg
111.jpg
112.jpg
113.jpg
114.jpg
115.jpg
116.jpg
117.jpg
118.jpg
119.jpg
120.jpg
121.jpg